Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Data

There is missing data between around 3PM and 4:20PM. This is not the first time that this has happened.

Encountered similar issue some time back also:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KelvinKing; 01-19-2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Unfortunately there was an issue with the historical data servers for NinjaTrader 8. They did not connect. This has been resolved. You should now be able to connect again to the historical data server. We are looking into the missing historical data.
      Why is the platform even reliant on your data servers?

Comment

Unfortunately the historical data server did not record historical data when it was down. We are looking to restore the missing historical data.

When you connect to NinjaTrader Continuum, Continuum, CQG, Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage, Rithmic and NinjaTrader FXCM in the NinjaTrader platform, historical data is loaded from our historical data servers.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          , historical data is loaded from our historical data servers.
          But why? This has happened before and takes way too long to be fixed for a commercial trading program.

Comment

Unfortunately this is how these connections work. They load historical data from our servers.

You could connect to a supported data feed provider in the NinjaTrader platform to load historical data. This is not provided by our historical data servers. We support the following data feed providers.

Kinetick
            IQFeed
            BarChart
            eSignal
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

You guys REALLY need to get yourselves sorted - and fast.

This is unacceptable service for a so-called professional trading platform.

I've traded for many, many years and on many platforms, and this must rank as bottom in terms of reliability and stability - although I must add you support people are quick to respond - at least one plus.

Comment

Any news of when we can expect to get all backdata?

Comment

It is unacceptable for any modern technology firm. The same issues have been going on since I last used Ninjatrader about a year and a half ago.

Question..... Does Ninjatrader have a Solution Architect? Or a highly-technical CTO? Because from my experience on the beta program this feels like a technology company of developers going from bugfix to bugfix, herded by project managers, and without any experienced and competent technical leadership.

Historical data servers "disconnecting" and coming back on with missing data for the rest of the day. This simply does not happen... anywhere but Ninjatrader.

Could someone PM me the CEO's email address please?

Originally posted by globaljobber View Post
                  You guys REALLY need to get yourselves sorted - and fast.

This is unacceptable service for a so-called professional trading platform.

I've traded for many, many years and on many platforms, and this must rank as bottom in terms of reliability and stability - although I must add you support people are quick to respond - at least one plus.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

First, let me apologize for the inconvenience; we never like to see our clients affected in such a manner.

Second, thank you for providing your feedback and concerns; I can assure everyone that all members of our development and IT teams have seen them and are taking them under advisement. We are genuinely working on server items as a top priority. While we have made progress, and while these do occur less frequently than they have in the past, our goal is to eliminate them as much as possible – we won’t stop until we are there.

Third, we expect to have data backfilled after the trading day closes and before the open tomorrow, during maintenance while people are least likely to be using NinjaTrader as not to interrupt service further. This is actually something brand new based on previous feedback similar to the items discussed in this thread. Some of you long time customers may recall that we would restore data on the weekends and that sometimes it just wasn’t possible to restore the data. Our development and IT teams have worked toward a new solution which will not only get data backfilled much sooner but they have also developed further technology to ensure we almost ALWAYS get all of the data for NinjaTrader 8 restored. I will update this thread if this changes, as this is a new feature and this will be the first time we have had a chance to implement it during an actual server outage and not in a test.

Last, all customer facing items are addressed by me, VP of Customer Service. I am always more than happy to receive further feedback and you can do so by sending a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with, “ATTN: James” in the subject line at which point my teams will ensure that I receive the message.

Thanks again for addressing your concerns.

Comment

Thanks James, appreciate your response and look forward to a fix - and backfilled data!

Comment

Data restored, but.......

It looks like all the missing data has been restored, but apparently they have been all time stamped as "sell" side data. As you can see from my volume profile, the delta on every price is full red, meaning every tick was a "sell".

Come on guys, you can do better than that.......please feedback to the server and IT teams.

Cheers!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I too see all missing data restored but volume data in certain instruments is way off. I've already cleared my cache so that is not the issue. Take a look at GC, NQ, and YM for example, volume for the past 2 days is near 10 million contracts traded per day (in GC). Possibly this is 10 million ticks? No way that is legitimate contract volume data though.
                          Last edited by brohnhdon; 01-19-2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

There seems to be missing data on currencies UK time 07:00 - 09:00 yesterday for an hour or so. Please fix.

Comment

Ninjatraders new advertising campaign just got announced

"Ninjatrader.....Are you brave enough to short the void?" © ™

I'm feeling crazy... I'm gonna do it!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by reach4thelasers View Post
                                Ninjatraders new advertising campaign just got announced

"Ninjatrader.....Are you brave enough to short the void?" © ™

I'm feeling crazy... I'm gonna do it!!!

Surely it will gap fill

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post algospoke  
                                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                                3 responses