Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlaying Instruments in one panel

Hi,

Is it possible to overlay more than 3 instruments in one panel? For now I suspect the maximum is 3 since there are only 3 justification types.

Would it be possible to overlay more than 3 in one panel and just use overlay justification for all?

Thanks.

By Justification, I assume your referring to Zorder. You can use Zorder and also play with the opacity of the Bars.

Comment

So you're saying I can put more than 3 instruments on one panel (not talking about one chart because I know one can use multiple panels, but one panel)?

Comment

Hello Delerium,

Thanks for posting.

That is correct, you can plot multiple indicators to one single panel in a chart. For instance, I built a chart on my end with six indicators in the same panel. However, depending on the indicators used, this could become very convoluted and possibly have scaling issues that makes some of the indicators not easily visible.

The Scale Justification parameter would determine which scale axis the indicator will be plotted to.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay I am referring to multiple data series not indicators.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

This would also be the case with instruments, but the same items regarding scaling and convoluted panels would still apply here.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
              Hello,

Thanks for your note.

This would also be the case with instruments, but the same items regarding scaling and convoluted panels would still apply here.
              Yes I know but as I said in my original post there appears to be a maximum of 3 instruments per panel. I was wondering if it's possible to put more than 3 on a single panel since there are only 3 types of justification.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

To clarify, there would not be a limitation on the number of instruments that can be plotted in one panel. Do you see an error when plotting instruments to one Panel?

Please note that the Scale Justification setting only controls which scale axis the indicator or instrument will be plotted to.

Comment

I don't if there is any Ninja Limitation. But I have had Four in my indicator and three on the chart in one panel. Just try it and See.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Here is a screenshot of 4 data series. I used red arrows to show 2 data series that came out as flat lines. I used scale justification settings of left, right and then overlay for the last 2. Maybe this is incorrect? I do not necessarily need to have every data series show its price on the axis.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I am seeing the scaling of the chart is compressing some of these data series. This can happen when different instruments or indicators are plotted to the same panel. Since all instruments have to comply with the same x-axis and y-axis, and different instruments can have very different prices, the charts can wind up looking this way.

To prevent this, you could separate these data series into different panels, different chart tabs, or separate charts entirely.

Comment

HI

Is it possible to overlay 2 instruments or chart in one panel by indicator or Strategies.

I want to overlay Tbar chart on Microbar chart in one panel dynamically (by loading indicator or Strategies.)

Comment

Hello yeshujbp,

Thank you for your note.

You should be able to accomplish this by selecting the same "Panel" value in the Indicators window. The "Panel" option is found in the Visual section of the Indicators window.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes