Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Candle not showing high

Trade week: 1/16/17 - 1/20/17

Attached is an image of a weekly chart showing a high of 53.67 and a 1440 min chart with NYMEX ENERGY ETH session template selected showing a high of 54.32.

I have reloaded historical data. Why is the weekly chart not showing the same high as my 1440 min chart.

IQFeed uses the ETH hours as their daily parameters.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by nepenthean View Post
    Trade week: 1/16/17 - 1/20/17

Attached is an image of a weekly chart showing a high of 53.67 and a 1440 min chart with NYMEX ENERGY ETH session template selected showing a high of 54.32.

I have reloaded historical data. Why is the weekly chart not showing the same high as my 1440 min chart.

IQFeed uses the ETH hours as their daily parameters.
    Hello nepenthean

I just did some tests with Ninja Continuum data to see if the above could be replicated with a different data service. I have duplicated your chart setups and used the same ETH session template for both charts.

If I go to tools>options>market data> global merge policy and select "Merge non back adjusted" I get the following:

Weekly Chart - high at 54.32
    1440 Min Chart - high of 54.32 on the 17th (same as you)

If I go to tools>options>market data> global merge policy and select "Merge back adjusted" I now get the following:

Weekly Chart - high at 53.67 (same as you)
    1440 Chart - high of 53.67 on the 20th!!

It would appear that your results are a mix of the two results above. Within each merge setting the weekly & 1440 min highs agree but differ between the two merge settings.

The listed rollover date for the CL 03-17 contract was the 18th January which falls in the middle of the week in question. I assume the back adjustment process has affected the prices of the previous contract and made the high that was on the 17th "disappear".

I suspect that the way your IQFeed is setup to handle merging might have something to do with the results you are getting.

Maybe NinjaTrader might like to comment?

Comment

Hello nepenthean,

If you create a daily chart instead of a weekly chart, do you not see the High of 54.32 as well? As FMtrader reports, it seems related to the way IQFeed merged data. I suggest to check with IQFeed why daily data does not include the same High as minute data.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not trying hijack anything but I'm having similar issues. No matter if I use global settings or back adjusted it changes nothing on my chart. I was told that pro-real time charts are correctly back adjusted if you want to compare, mine certainly don't line up no matter what I do for futures.

Comment

When I switched data feeds and then returned to the original one, the proper H/L were in place.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin  
          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post DJ888