Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Only FYI: Daily bars require the use of monthly or weekly pivot range.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only FYI: Daily bars require the use of monthly or weekly pivot range.

With the latest release 8.0.3.x I have now the warning that someone had with an old release before: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=78312

I have no daily chart with pivots only on a 15 minute chart and they are shown correctly.

Was not a problem with prior 8.0.3.x versions and same workspace and charts.

Hello BearingHH,

Are you able to reproduce the issue if you create a new 15 minute chart without a chart template and add the Pivots indicator? If not, please load your chart template if you use one and check if the issue recurs.

If you remove and re-add the Pivots indicator in your existing chart, do you still see the message?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by BearingHH View Post
      With the latest release 8.0.3.x I have now the warning that someone had with an old release before: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=78312

I have no daily chart with pivots only on a 15 minute chart and they are shown correctly.

Was not a problem with prior 8.0.3.x versions and same workspace and charts.
      I had exactly the same problem about a week ago on some intraday FOREX charts but the issue somehow fixed itself. I did not have any daily charts open but kept on getting the message regarding needing to use weekly or monthly pivots. If it occurs again I will attempt to find what triggers the problem.

Comment

This issue is due to the Pivots indicator in Ninjatrader. If you have applied it on daily chart, with setting of 365 days, then it lacks the input for indicator calculation and hence the message appears as "daily bars require the use of weekly or monthly pivot range". Remove the Pivots indicator from daily chart.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your replies,

vkrmvv would be correct if you happen to have a daily chart with this, you'd need to change the Pivot Indicators Pivot Range setting to Weekly or Monthly to get the indicator plotting.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
          Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes