Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing lines

Hi there,

I draw horizontal lines and make them visible on all time frames and charts within a security.

Often some of the lines disappear on some of the charts. That is, the lines are present as soon as they are drawn, however on some of the other time frame charts, a few hours later, they are missing and I need to redraw.

Sometimes also, the lines seem to duplicate themselves and I have 2 lines laid over each other where there should be one!

This bug is a daily occurrence.

This needs fixing as they are (to me) important Support/Resistant lines I want to see immediately available on all charts I have open on all time frames.

This is a bug, can you please fix asap.

Thanks.

Hello globaljobber,

Can you please tell me if you notice any consistency between the charts where the lines disappear.

Could it be the price axis does not include the price of horizontal line anymore? If you click and hold your left mouse button on the right side of the price axis and move downwards, do you see the horizontal line?

When you experience duplicate lines, do you experience this only in chars where horizontal lines have disappeared?

In addition, please send me all your log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, 1649668' in the subject header.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Next time it happens I'll update this thread with data for you.

I have multiple open charts.

I draw horizontal lines on a higher TF chart, say H4. Then I attach the lines to ALL CHARTS of same instrument.

I then see the lines appear on all other charts of same instrument as expected.

But over time, some of the lines just disappear on the charts other than the original H4 chart where the lines were drawn, i.e. they don't disappear from the H4 chart they were originally drawn on.

Re your question of whether "Price Axis does not include price of horizontal line anymore", no, this doesn't appear to have anything to do with the issue.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

I created a new workspace with multiple charts that contain a horizontal line. I drew it first in one chart and then configured it to appear in all charts of the same instrument. The line has not disappeared so far, but I will keep an eye on it throughout the day.

If you experience the issue again, please let me know and send me your log and trace files as well.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Moving lines

Hi support,

(Re the Disappearing Lines issue for this support thread, still waiting for problem to re-occur before coming back to it.)

However, noticed another issue....

I drew a line in on a 5m chart, GBPJPY. When I changed the instrument to another, in this case GBPUSD, and then came back to GBPJPY I noticed the line I drew has changed position. I have seen this bug before a few times.

Images attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for you reply,

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Log--> log.20160127.xxxxx for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)
            Documents--> NinjaTrader 8--> Trace--> trace.20160127.xxxxx for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date).

We look forward to assisting further.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jculp
            by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM