Feature enhancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature enhancement

For Fixed Scaling, AutoCenter. Either Change the Minimum Tick Movement to >1 Tick to Center the Screen Or Change it to a Chart UI setting. In Fast markets the screen bounces up and down and trying to place lines, Text or doing measurements with the cursor is Extremely difficult and sometimes impossible.

Hello,

I have received your request.

Before I forward it to the development team, could you clarify this matter for me?

NinjaTrader 8.0.3 and 8.0.3.1 exhibit different behavior than NinjaTrader 8.0.2 when using the Center price on scale setting of the Data Series window. Are you referring to the bouncing up and down behavior that exists now? Or is this a behavior that has been the same since NinjaTrader 7?

The development team is currently looking into the bouncing up and down issue.

I look forward to your reply.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes the behavior that occurs now with 8.0.3.1 In Ninja 7 there was no way to use Center Price with a Fixed Scale. I had to use a Third party indicator to do that with NT7 and that was fraught with issues. The Fixed Scale with Price Center works, its just extremely aggravating bouncing around shifting the screen up and down on each tick movement, Not even on Bar Close, which could be another option.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

I have heard back from the development team. Center price on scale will be functioning on bar close in the next release of NinjaTrader 8.

Thanks for your input on improving NinjaTrader.

Comment

Jim
          That will be an improvement I believe will work for me. Farther out, You ought to consider a selection for Center Price, such as On Bar Close, Percentage of Scale, Min tick movement etc.

thanks
          Jerry

Comment

Let me add one thing about this issue. When using fixed scale with Centering and trying to either gauge a price bar, Place a draw object on the chart etc. and the chart is bumping up and down you are trying to hit a moving target. Especially when using smaller compression Tick bars as the Root data item. There are alternate ways to look at this problem.
            1) Since cursor movements are relative you could bump the cursor with the chart such that your always in sync and your moving with the target i.e. the chart.
            2) You could bump the scale up and down instead of the Chart while still keeping the fixed scale. That way, again the cursor is in position relative to the chart. Myself, I don't care if the scale moves as long as the price bars are centered and the scale is fixed.

Either of these would complement only making a move on Bar close or Percentage of scale or Set number of ticks off center.

Just my Two Cents

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thanks for expressing your thoughts.

NinjaTrader 8 Release 4 just went live. Could you update your platform and share if the chart behavior is adequate?

If you think it can be further improved, I would like to forward your thoughts on the current build to the development team.

Please let me know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

Jim,
                I updated to 8.0.4 , the behavior was much improved. I Used it during the Oil Report where things get volatile and Still had to shut off AutoCenter because the chart was bouncing too much. In my opinion
                One solution is to have a Center Button like the SuperDom and let the User Shut off and On the AutoCenter as required. Best would be if that dialog box or button for AutoCenter was on the Chart Tool Bar. The next solution which I think is more programming work would be to Center the price base on crossing a Percentage of Scale towards either Rail. User selectable. That way it would happen very infrequent.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

I have revisited this suggestion.

If I gather correctly, you would like a Hold feature added to charts much like there is on the SuperDOM? For example, a hold button in the chart's toolbar may give options to hold at current price and hold with mouse over. The first option would keep the price centered at the price at which the button was pressed, and the mouse over functionality would keep the price centered at the price where the mouse first comes over a chart.

If we are on the same page, I will forward a feature request to the development team.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

No, not a Hold Button your thinking of the Dynamic Dom, I am talking about similar to the SuperDom. It has a Center Button {"C") . All it does is jump the dom to Center it on price. So if you have AutoCenter off in a fast market you need some way to quickly and easily Center it, you just hit the button and the Chart is re- centered. It is a Manual Center instead of AutoCenter. Another way to do it is Have the button Toggle AutoCenter On or AutoCenter Off. You hit it once to Turn AutoCenter On and the chart Centers. You immediately Hit it again to Turn it Back Off. Its just faster than having to open the UI to manually change the AutoCenter which takes way too long.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your idea aimed at improving the NinjaTrader experience. Our development team has welcomed your feature enhancement request and it will be tracked using ID # SFT-1525

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Irukandji  
                      Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes