Playback Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback Problems

Some of These I have mentioned before, Some of them I thought were addressed.

1) Time of Alerts in Alert Log SOMETIMES have the computer time rather than the Bar Time. This makes trying to use Playback to debug Indicators a nightmare.

2) Alert Sounds need to be Ignored when using GOTO

3) There needs to be an alternate setting for GOTO that does not wind thru and entire day of small tick data just to jump back 1 minute in time. This can take 3- 5 minutes per GOTO. So it you want to replay a trade to manually practice it is Useless. On Startup of Ninja, it does not take this long so Why does Playback need Going thru all this data with GOTO ?

Let me make a suggestion on #3. Add a mode for GOTO that exactly replicates the way Playback connects except do it for that particular date/time. When you first connect. It connects quickly and you can playback from there. Just add a mode that does that for GOTO. No windup.

4) Fixed scaling still gets destroyed when switching in and out of the Playback connection.

Jerry
    Last edited by JerryWar; 01-28-2017, 02:12 PM.

Let me add to That
    5) Playback Crash

2017-01-28 15:01:17:574|3|4|Indicator '': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 15911: External component has thrown an exception.
    2017-01-28 15:02:14:562|3|2|Connection lost to the NinjaTrader Historical Data Server: hds-us-002.ninjatrader.com

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

1) I will need to investigate this item further as I am not finding any reports made of this item.

For #2 and #3 I will be submitting feature requests on your behalf for these items.

4) It is not recommend to use the same Workspace for Market Replay and the Live Market. I would recommend creating a Workspace for Market Replay and a separate Workspace for the Live Market. Items such as cache data, third party indicators, native indicators, and Drawing Objects can change different scaling items.

5) Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
      Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN RyanM

Comment

Ryan,
        Thanks, Regarding #1 I can replicate this easily.
        Regarding #2 and #3 thanks
        Regarding #4 if this is problematic, it may go to the root of other issues I experience.
        Regarding #5 I will locate and send those to you.

Thanks
        Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,
          I have sent your log and trace to a Scripting Tech which they will be in contact with you regarding the crash.
          I will be in contact with you regarding my test results for the items you have listed.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,
            You may use the SFT of SFT-1770 to track the progress of your feature request when writing in to Platform Support.

Comment

Hello JerryWar,
              I have tested the items I had mentioned before and I was able to reproduce these items. I have submitted these items to the product management team. They will be looking further into these items.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elirion
              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes