Comment

Thanks, kitwit, votes tracked as well.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I need this, too! Please add my vote for SFT-3780 and SFT-889

Comment

I've added your votes, SBoroman

Comment

It would be great to group accounts, and it would be superb if we could choose the amount of contracts assign to each account, assigning leverage (in percentage, total amount…).

Comment

We purposefully made this change in NinjaTrader 8 because the platform-side controls were clunky and could not manage orders as fully as we would have liked. Please speak with your broker(s) about the possibility of grouping your accounts on their backend. Your broker has much more sophisticated account management abilities than NinjaTrader could have.

Santi , it seems like you're asking for something that could be accomplished via a custom NinjaScript strategy.

Comment

Does this mean that account groups functionality is not in active development for NT8?

Does NinjaTrader Brokerage (Dorman / Phillip) have much more sophisticated account management abilities than NinjaTrader could have?

If account groups functionality can be accomplished with a custom NinjaScript strategy (not coded by NT development staff), with clunky platform-side control and order management deficiencies overcome thereby, why is it a problem for NT8 development staff to accomplish the same or better as a NT8 platform feature?

Comment

We're tracking interest via feature request in the return of the group account feature. I could not confirm whether or not any feature is in 'active development'

Please contact your broker directly for further details on what is possible on the backend regarding group account management.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                        We purposefully made this change in NinjaTrader 8 because the platform-side controls were clunky and could not manage orders as fully as we would have liked. Please speak with your broker(s) about the possibility of grouping your accounts on their backend. Your broker has much more sophisticated account management abilities than NinjaTrader could have.

Santi , it seems like you're asking for something that could be accomplished via a custom NinjaScript strategy.
                        It´s impossible to trade all accounts of clients in an omnibus account, because all funds must be segregatted. Currently IB can group accounts, but that´s not supported by Ninjatrader Strategies (I know it impossible to manage stops and target fills once the main trade is distributed in the subaccounts).

So... I think about the possibility of an AddOn reading the input signal of the strategies, and launch the orders from the AddOn to each account, with it´s own different contract numbers. I should launch stops a profit targets from the AddOn too.

Do you think it should be possible to do this?

Any help or advise would be apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello Santi,

This would certainly possible through the context of an AddOn.

Strategies are limited to be applied to one account, but you could develop an AddOn that trades against multiple accounts. You could consider using some user inputs to control which accounts should be used, and then you can find those accounts with:
                          Code:
                          lock (Account.All)
                                myAccount = Account.All.FirstOrDefault(a => a.Name == "Sim101");
                          From there you would control your order submissions to submit orders to each of those accounts. In theory, you could also have a strategy that submits orders to a unique Sim account, and then you can have an AddOn monitor OrderUpdate events for that account so those orders are also submitted to your live accounts.

The AddOn Framework exmaple will provide a working example for all AddOn components.

Account - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ount_class.htm

AddOn Development Overview (AddOn Framework linked within) - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

Account OrderUpdate events - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rderupdate.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sounds great. I thought something similar. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Definitely need this feature back.
                              Is there no other way to copy trades to another NT8 or 7 account?

Comment

Hello TrendFollowingCapital,

Thank you for your post.

I've recorded votes for you to bring the Financial Advisor/Account groups back. The only way currently to achieve this effect is currently outlined in Jim's post above:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                                Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post f.saeidi  
                                Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes