Collapse

Account Groups for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw this post and would the feature request would indeed be very useful to have for Fund Managers. However I cant see how this functionality could be added without co-operation from third party brokerages.

Comment

Hello iq200,

Thank you for your reply.

For this feature request to work for you, you would need to have access to multiple accounts, usually under the same login. Here's information about how it worked in NinjaTrader 7:

I've added a vote for you to SFT-889 as well. As usual, if a request is included in a future release of the platform, it will be mentioned in the Release Notes:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-3780 and SFT-889 ... Any functionality of these for transmit orders in an advisor group, will help us moving from NT7 to NT8.
        At this moment you have hundreds of "prisoners" to NT7 just because you removed the most professional advisor tool from NT8, that was the "group of accounts".

And also you already have hundreds of prisoners' votes... if that was of any importance.

Comment

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your feedback.

I've added votes for you to SFT-889 and SFT-3780 as well.

Comment

Hello,

Another vote for account groups please.

I need to be able to trade with my personal account and my self directed IRA account efficiently.

Thank you

Comment

Hello sdp1969,

Thank you for your post.

I have added votes for you to SFT-889 and SFT-3780 as well.

Comment

John T Today, 04:52 AM

Let me add my vote for this feature to be added to Ninja 8. It is possible with Tradovate, Sierra, and Meta5, for example. Why can't we get it with Ninja?

The only reason I am asking for it here is that all my indicators work off Ninja and I am stuck. Otherwise I could get better brokerage fees (Tradovate = $199.00 a month --- no multiple license fees and all inclusive regardless of the number of accounts traded), etc. with other providers.

Is it time for me to port my indicators elsewhere so I can function as I need to with multiple accounts?

Seems to me if you upgrade, you do not drop useful aspects of the previous program in doing so.

Comment

Hello John T,

Thank you for your post.

I have added votes for you to SFT-889 and SFT-3780 also.

Support was dropped for account groups in NinjaTrader 8 due to low use in NInjaTrader 7. As we've previously noted in replies to this thread, if your broker can combine multiple accounts for you under one login, you could program an add-on that would submit orders to multiple accounts simultaneously. I believe there are some existing third party add-ons that have this capability, however, I'm unable to recommend a specific vendor. In that scenario where the broker has combined accounts into one login, though, as a workaround, you could simply run the same strategy on each account.

Comment

Hi Kate:
                    without recommending a specific vendor, could you list the several third party add-on programs that will combine entries from multiple accounts? This way I can contact the possible vendors and make a decision on my own but I have been unable to find any searching the Internet. Also, I am not running an automated strategy. I am entering manually based on indicator suggestions so as to maintain control. My broker is NinjaTrader and so far that has been a dead end to my problem.

Comment

Hi Kate:
                      Another question. The explanation of how to use this function in Ninja 7 appears to imply that the orders when place are identical in each account. Is this true or can you assign a number of contracts based on the account balance in each account that differs from the others?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                        .... if your broker can combine multiple accounts for you under one login, you could program an add-on that would submit orders to multiple accounts simultaneously. I believe there are some existing third party add-ons that have this capability, however, I'm unable to recommend a specific vendor. In that scenario where the broker has combined accounts into one login, though, as a workaround, you could simply run the same strategy on each account.

I had the intention to take Ninjatrader brokerage...but I might need to go elsewhere...
                        Basically you tell us to go to another broker as Ninjatrader does not have the asked configuration.
                        Another option would be to give a second key and install NT8 on another PC, or to give NT7 to work from 1 PC. But then everything should be coded twice, once for NT7 and once for NT8.
                        On top of that paying twice for NT is a bit to expensive.
                        Last edited by marcus2300; 01-06-2020, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Hi Marcus, I talked with brokerage support and got this reply:

"You would need to have multiple logins to connect to NinjaTrader 7 and 8 at the same time. We could put the accounts under the login for one of your account and also put them under the login for another one of the accounts. You could then connect to NinjaTrader 7 with the first login and NinjaTrader 8 with the second.

You can switch between accounts on either NinjaTrader 7 or 8."

In other words, if you have more than one account (not two platform fees) you can have all accounts under each account for trading purposes. I was asking if I can run indicators on Ninja 8 on one computer and entries on Ninja 7 with a second computer and they were saying "yes." I would need two computers as my indicators are processing hogs but that is no problem for me.

Comment

Hello marcus2300 and John T,

Thank you for your replies.

NinjaTrader Brokerage support could assist you in questions regarding setting up multiple accounts under one login - since this forum is support for the software itself, they can't be contacted through the forums but may be reached instead at brokeragesupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

If you have two separate logins as John T suggests, you can run both NinjaTrader 7 and 8 on the same PC at the same time using the same license key. However, running 7 on one PC and 8 on another PC simultaneously, while using the same non-simulation license key would be a violation of the Terms of Service - you would need a second license key for the second PC.

Comment

Hi Kate:

Thanks for the clarification on the License key matter.

Comment

Hi Kate and Marcus2300:

I checked with Nate at Ninja Brokerage Support and he said, with regard to my lifetime license:
                                "You can use the license on as many computers as you would like, provided you are the one trading the accounts."

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post kempotrader  
                                Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post kempotrader