Collapse

Account Groups for NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hola , aún no está disponible ésta función ? Cuenten con mi voto.

Comment

Hello FractallTeam,

Thank you for your post.

Tenemos capacidad limitada para proporcionar soporte de plataforma en español, sin embargo, hemos encontrado que este sitio https://www.deepl.com/es/translator puede traducir el inglés al español con buena calidad. Por favor copie nuestra respuesta y luego navegue al sitio que le colocamos para pegar la respuesta en el cuadro hacia la izquierda.

I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to a currently existing request to reinstate Account Groups in NinjaTrader 8. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-889.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow, this must be pretty low priority for NT if it has not been addressed for 2 years. A more interesting question, how did you decide to not to include a critical existing feature when you offer a new and improved platform? You must have known this is used by a lot of your current customers I presume.

Yes the old feature had limitations like if you move targets from chart trader, it won't move it for both accounts, etc. However, it was at least there. I recommend your team make it available "as is" with no improvements to what was there in NT 7, which I presume shouldn't take more than a week's worth of porting and then work on making it better whenever priorities allow for it.
        Last edited by higher.high; 11-28-2019, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Hi i am interested in this functionality, please count this a vote

Comment

Hello higher.high and marcus2300 ,

Thank you for your replies.

Many factors go into deciding whether a particular feature request is added to the platform, of which user interest is only one. We are unable to comment on the status of this request at this time, only that we are continuing to gather user interest.

​​​​​​I have added a vote for marcus2300 to the existing feature request for this - higher.high, it wasn't clear from your post whether you'd previously submitted a vote for this request or if we should submit one for you. If you have not previously voted for this feature and would like me to add a vote for you, please let me know.

Comment

Hello Kate

Yes please add me as a vote for this request if it helps getting it anytime soon.

Comment

Hello higher.high,

Thank you for your reply.

I've added a vote for you to SFT-889 as well.

Comment

So if I understand it correct, if I would manage 3 accounts (mine and 2 friends):
                  1. I would have to buy 3 lifetime licences (for the best commission) and open all three to trade the 3 accounts???
                  2. I could also use 1NT8 and 2 free NT7 with more expensive commissions?

Comment

SFT-889: pls count me in.

Comment

Hello marcus2300 and timko,

Thank you for your replies.

marcus2300, as to your questions, you would need a live license key - whether a free live key, a leased live key or a lifetime license - for each instance of NinjaTrader you intend to trade live on. You can use NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 on the same PC at the same time with different license keys and different connection types (NinjaTrader Continuum, CQG, Interactive Brokers, etc), but you can't run more than one instance of each on your computer at once, so you'd need at least two PCs and three license keys to run 3 accounts of the same connection type simultaneously, yes.

However, if your broker can combine all three accounts for you under one login, you could program an add-on that would submit orders to multiple accounts simultaneously. I believe there are some existing third party add-ons that have this capability, however, I'm unable to recommend a specific vendor. In that scenario, though, as a workaround, you could simply run the same strategy on each account.

timko, I've added a vote for you to SFT-889 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                        However, if your broker can combine all three accounts for you under one login, you could program an add-on that would submit orders to multiple accounts simultaneously. I believe there are some existing third party add-ons that have this capability, however, I'm unable to recommend a specific vendor. In that scenario, though, as a workaround, you could simply run the same strategy on each account.
                        SFT-3780 (multiple accounts) and SFT-889 seem to be about the same subject. Maybe put them together (more votes).

My broker would be Ninjatrader...but is not yet. I make over 4,000 trades ES monthly.
                        I cannot find existing third party add-ons. Googled already.
                        I am a discretionary trader, so everything goes manually...

If I cannot use multiple accounts I cannot go to Ninjatrader brokerage and have to stay with my actual broker. Simple logic.

Comment

Hello marcus2300,

Thank you for your reply.

They are different feature requests - SFT-3780 has to do with being able to use strategies and ATMS with Financial Advisor accounts.

You'd need to speak with your broker to see if it would be possible to incorporate all accounts you need to access under one login. That's all handled on the brokerage side, we can't handle that for you on the forums. I know that with NinjaTrader Brokerage they are able to combine accounts under a login in some cases, so please inquire directly with a broker to see if that would be an option for you.

In the meantime, this could be accomplished with NinjaScript by submitting orders directly to the specific accounts. Please see the following link for more information on CreateOrder() inside the Account class: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...reateorder.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                            I know that with NinjaTrader Brokerage they are able to combine accounts under a login in some cases, so please inquire directly with a broker to see if that would be an option for you.

In the meantime, this could be accomplished with NinjaScript by submitting orders directly to the specific accounts. Please see the following link for more information on CreateOrder() inside the Account class: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...reateorder.htm
                            Hi Kate,

I am already in contact with somebody from brokerage, but we did not speak about multiple accounts. I will ask him what the options are.

About NinjaScripts, I am not familiar with that and have no energy left to start studying C# and NinjaScripts. I need already enough energy for trading. Will see with a programmer that works for me what he proposes. I develop everything in Excel (mathematical models).

Thanks.

Comment

Please add my vote for the group account for NT8. Also would like to know what sort of development work be required if I want to add this on my own.

Comment

Hello rutariq,

Thank you for your note.

First, please check your private messages as we have sent you an important message regarding your login credentials.

I have added a vote for you to SFT-889 as well.

An Addon would place the orders to multiple sub accounts simultaneously through the addon approach. You could monitor the accounts and look for changes to orders / positions. You could detect an order placed to one sub account and use this to trigger orders to other sub accounts.

This would most likely be a very large complex bit of software, but yes, this would be possible.

This would use the accounts and add event handler methods to the accounts OrderUpdate, ExecutionUpdate, PositionUpdate events:

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                                Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                                13 responses
                                0 likes