Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello John T,

Thank you for your reply.

So Nate's not totally correct here, so I'll have to let him know. Let's give an example. If i have a laptop and a desktop, and I only use my laptop for trading when I'm not also running NinjaTrader on my desktop, that is okay and doesn't violate the terms of service. As long as I don't have NinjaTrader running on a different computer at the same time, I'm okay. So he's not entirely wrong there.

It's only when it's simultaneous use on more than one computer, as you've described with using 7 on one and 8 on another, that you would need another license key.

Section 1.f of the Terms of Service agreement states:

f. Grant of License. Company grants User, pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, an exclusive and nontransferable license to use the Platform on a single computer at any one time.
    Our terms and conditions for the software are publicly available here:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate:
      I had asked about having the free license on the one computer with the indicator programs running and the lifetime license on the one I trade with. I would occasionally trade (when volume is low) on the "free license" but not frequently and I understand it is 29 cents vs. 9 cents when I do trade. Would that work? I do not want to trade on the computer running the indicators during high volume periods as anytime there is a surge in tick data I get monumental delays.

Comment

Hello John T,

The free license and the lifetime license are separate licenses, so you'd be absolutely fine in that scenario to have them running simultaneously and trade on each one.

Comment

what is the status of this feature request?

Comment

Best I can figure out is run charts and indicators in Ninja 8 and run Ninja 7 on a second computer with the multi account feature and do your entries there. I don't believe they are planning to add the feature to Ninja 8 any time soon.

Comment

Hello John T and kitwit,

We do not have an update on the status of this feature request other than we are still collecting interest.

Comment

Hi Kate: While asking questions of Platform Support, I think I figured out why the Account Grouping function was not well received in Ninja 7 (which is the reasoning [inadequate use] behind why it was not carried over to Ninja 8). I believe the decision not to carry it forward was terribly flawed. The function in Ninja 7 did not allow for accounts of different sizes nor did it allow manipulation of the individual accounts after entry. There are other prolems but I see these as the most important. If it were done in Ninja 8 and done properly it could be a very useful function and allow you to hold onto customers like myself who will have to soon defect to others. I will soon be trading up to 20 accounts. I am actively looking for a different broker and am finding that all the multi-account systems are badly flawed. The first one I find that works will be where I go. Let me help in contributing attributes necessary to be useful (unlike in Ninja 7) so you can retain customers. Basing your decision not to have this in Ninja 8 on flawed data is not the way to proceed. You have a tremendous entry system for individual accounts. Let's get it going for Multi-accounts!!

Comment

Hello John T,

I will pass your thoughts on to our development team.

Comment

For anyone following this, I finally, by writing to Eliot Wickersheimer, President of NinjaTrader Brokerage, found that there is a featurethat no one else has disclosed. He responded as follows:

"I appreciate your contributions on the support forum and have passed your email to our development team. Have you considered not handling this on the software, but setting up a block account at our brokerage (sometimes referred to as an allocation account)? This allows you to place one trade that is allocated across multiple accounts.

There are some restrictions in this setup, for example, you have to allocate whole contracts. If you buy and sell 3 contracts and have 4 total accounts you want to allocate to, one of those accounts will not receive a contract. The minimum for accounts in a block account is $5000 and there is a $1 per contract allocation fee, so it’s not ideal from those perspectives. However, there are benefits as well. For example, these accounts use the CME’s Average Price System (APS) so that all accounts receive the same average price, regardless of if you filled at multiple prices.

As I said, I’ve passed this to our development team, but if you would like to learn more about the block account, please let me know and I will put you in touch with our Sales Director who has all the details."

That sales director is Wade Headrick.
                    <[email protected]> if you would like to avail yourself of the feature. I only wish that someone else had told me earlier and saved me many hours of trials of other software and many headaches.

Good luck trading, everyone and, thank you Eliot !!
                    Last edited by John T; 01-31-2020, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                      For anyone following this, I finally, by writing to Eliot Wickersheimer, President of NinjaTrader Brokerage, found that there is a featurethat no one else has disclosed. He responded as follows:

"I appreciate your contributions on the support forum and have passed your email to our development team. Have you considered not handling this on the software, but setting up a block account at our brokerage (sometimes referred to as an allocation account)? This allows you to place one trade that is allocated across multiple accounts.

There are some restrictions in this setup, for example, you have to allocate whole contracts. If you buy and sell 3 contracts and have 4 total accounts you want to allocate to, one of those accounts will not receive a contract. The minimum for accounts in a block account is $5000 and there is a $1 per contract allocation fee, so it’s not ideal from those perspectives. However, there are benefits as well. For example, these accounts use the CME’s Average Price System (APS) so that all accounts receive the same average price, regardless of if you filled at multiple prices.

As I said, I’ve passed this to our development team, but if you would like to learn more about the block account, please let me know and I will put you in touch with our Sales Director who has all the details."

That sales director is Wade Headrick.
                      <[email protected]> if you would like to avail yourself of the feature. I only wish that someone else had told me earlier and saved me many hours of trials of other software and many headaches.

Good luck trading, everyone and, thank you Eliot !!

In this case what we will do as Canadians, Ninja Trader does not accept applications from Canada as a broker. This is helping one and leaving others to not to buy Ninja Trader because of one feature can't be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by BobyGill View Post

In this case what we will do as Canadians, Ninja Trader does not accept applications from Canada as a broker. This is helping one and leaving others to not to buy Ninja Trader because of one feature can't be fixed.
                        The same applies if you want to link an account other than NT broker accounts. Or if you want to link an NT brokerage account to another account.
                        So I agree with you that this is no solution!!!
                        Last edited by emuns; 02-06-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Hello BobyGill and emuns,

In the case that your broker is not NinjaTrader Brokerage, you can still inquire with your existing broker regarding their ability to set up Block Accounts for you. Basically, a broker could set up an account which then divides trades/PL into sub accounts.

NinjaTrader 7 allowed a similar feature on the front end however because this can be much better handled on the back-end, it was decided against in NT8.

If for some reason your broker cannot provide a solution, please let us know, along with any details they gave you regarding why they were not able to accommodate your request and we're happy to put in votes for you for the Account Groups feature request if you have not voted already.

Comment

To: BobbyGill and emuns. I saw no previous mention on this forum topic about your trading from Canada. I was addressing trading from the US and combining accounts to a single entry, If you are dealing with a Canadian broker using the Ninja platform, your broker may be able to do the same for you (allocation account or block account) as Ninja does for us here in the US. All it is, is combining your funds or contracts to one entry screen and manually allocating them after the close per your requirements.

Comment

Please add my vote for SFT-889

Comment

Hello bwolf,

I have also added a vote for you to SFT-889.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes