Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezed playback chart and historical data not working

Hi.

I'm using Playback for the first time, and I've followed the steps shown in the help guide, but I'm experiencing 2 problems:

1.- I have historical imported data that works fine for strategy analyzer. I'm trying to use it in Playback but when I do, start and end dates are disabled in the playback screen. But when I go to "Show available data", that data appears there. Does it mean it's available or not?

2.- When I try to replay data downloaded from Market Replay, start and end dates are enabled and I can choose them, but then the chart shows all the data loaded and freezes. Playback doesn't work.

I'm using NT8 version 8.0.3.1 64-bit (Standard)

I attach some captures.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

deltaleonis, thank you for posting!

When testing this on my end, I was able to replay historical data. You must have historical tick data downloaded to have the capabilities a replaying historical data at all, meaning if you just download minute data, then if having a minute chart open, then it would be expected to not see the chart update.

To test, please import historical tick data. If you have a data provider, please disconnect from the Playback Connection (Connection > disconnect), and the connect to your data provider (Connection menu) if you have one available.

Once connected to a data provider, navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Historical Data > Load tab. In the load tab, expand the Download section if not already by clicking on the right-facing arrow. Next, select an Instrument, a Start Date, End Date, ensure you have the Interval box checked, and then click Download.

After the download is completed which you may view at the bottom right-hand corner of the historical data window, then please test connecting to the playback connection.

More about this can be found at the following help guide link:
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi.

I'm trying to do what you said, but:

1.- I can't import new historical data. When I try, this message appears on the log:
      "Unable to import file 'D:\TickData Export Files\NT8\Ticks 06-16\FDAX 3-17.Last.txt'. Instrument is not supported by repository."

I don't know if this happens because there was previous historical data imported.

2.- I've tried to download new data the way you told. Although it seems it downloads, I can't see that data, and when I try to use Playback it does the same than before.

If I go to available data, there are no changes. I see the same than before doing it.

I attach two captures of what I did to download the new data.

Thank you.

Comment

deltaleonis, thank you for posting back.

I don't see any attachments in your latest post, however, I would like to test the historical data you're trying to import on my end.

Could you please send a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with the attached import data file?

In the subject line and the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley.

Comment

Hi.

I'm sorry I didn't attach captures.

I'm writing again because I installed the last NT8 version: 8.0.4.0 64-bit (Standard)

After this installation, playback with market replay started working, but there's something very strange when I try to use Historical Data.

Playback window looks like it doesn' work, but it shows the date running forward on the top, and it starts in the year 1800. I can't do anything in that window while this happens.

Can anything be done with that?
          Attached Files

Comment

deltaleonis,.thank you for your post!

I was able to import tick data on my end from a data provider and was able to replay that tick data.

Were you able to import the tick data you referred to from an earlier post? I notice that the name of the import file may need to be changed. From the error message you provided:
            "Unable to import file 'D:\TickData Export Files\NT8\Ticks 06-16\FDAX 3-17.Last.txt'. Instrument is not supported by repository."

It states FDAX 3-17, you may need to change the file name from FDAX 3-17.Last.txt to FDAX 03-17.Last.txt to import the file correctly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes