8.0.4 "ALL" my custom indicators would not Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.4 "ALL" my custom indicators would not Import

Custom Indicators will not import and I cannot edit them in NT8.0.4 to find out what is wrong, going back to NT8.0.3.1 will not help there.

I copied indicator into NT8.0.4 and compiled and they all compiled fine and then they run. So I copied all the indicators from old settings file into the new settings file They all compiled fine. Loading the template was the next problem. It choked giving me and Error. So I manually loaded each indicator. Created a new template, saved the template and then loaded via the template and all is good. I just now have to do that for EVERY chart.

My old drawing tool templates restored fine which was good news

however one of my important settings was not restored from the backup.

" Confirm on Window or Tab close" if you don't have this set you loose things by mistaken clicks.
    Last edited by JerryWar; 01-31-2017, 04:57 PM.

Hello JerryWar,

Could you provide the specific error messages you are seeing? In general if something changes between versions it would be noted in the code breaking changes in the help guide.

We would generally suggest to review the code breaking changes section / change logs before upgrading if you are developing custom items to know what to expect with the update.

Most items in NinjaScript will not change between version, but there are certain cases where NinjaScript items are updated that may change between versions, without knowing what specific errors you are seeing I could not really provide any further details on what may be happening on your end.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse
      I edited my post. There were no changes I had to make. After copying in my indicators they all compiled.
      However the templates did not work to load them I had to create a new template and they loaded on the chart see original post again for more details. Here are the original errors when importing. Again no changes were made other than to copy them in and recreate a template.

2017-01-31 17:09:03:080|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.TrpScrnVol'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:03:081|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.ThreeBarRev'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:03:082|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.KeltnerEmaChan nel'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:03:083|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Tick_Energy'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:03:153|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.TrendSwing49'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:03:154|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.LPBox1715SR'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:03:155|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.LPBox343'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:199|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.TrpScrn343'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:202|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.KeltnerEmaChan nel'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:204|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Tick_Energy'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:206|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.KeltnerEmaChan nel'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:207|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.ThreeBarRevers al'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:208|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.LPBox1715SR343 '. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:209|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.TrendSwing'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:567|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.TrpScrn343'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:568|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.KeltnerEmaChan nel'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:569|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.LP16807SR'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:570|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.ThreeBarRevAle rt'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:09:04:660|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.LPBox1715SR'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:30:39:583|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.ThreeBarRev'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:30:39:634|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.Tick_Energy'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:30:39:778|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.LPBox1715SR'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      2017-01-31 17:30:39:779|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.TrendSwing49'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.

Comment

One other major change of note. My charts are now loading at Least 3 times as fast as they did in the last version. Under 2 seconds vs previously around 6 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
          One other major change of note. My charts are now loading at Least 3 times as fast as they did in the last version. Under 2 seconds vs previously around 6 seconds.
          Are they correct? Or is data missing?

Comment

They are correct. No data missing. I have a lot of draw objects which usually slows things down. I don't know what they did but I like it. Once I got past the initial shock of having to manually copy in my indicators it was all down Hill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
              Jesse..

Little off topic here, but I didn't see mention of issue 11062 that we had discussed early this month.. Did that not make it into this v.4 release?

-=Edge=-
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Hello,

Just to confirm, were you able to work through the errors you were getting and are now able to display your charts and items? I just wanted to make sure there were no other problems, from what I can gather in the replies you had created new templates and are now able to use the charts.

-=Edge=-,

I just reviewed the issue 11062 and it appears there were some complications while passing this item through QA before the release. This has been marked as fixed but has been pushed into the next release unfortunately.

Comment

That would be partially correct. There were no errors to work thru in the Scripts. The Indicators just would not import so I had to copy them in. The templates I had yesterday were gone this morning. So I had to recreate.

Comment

Hello,

Would you be able to email in a sample of one of the items that was not importable for testing? I have tested importing items myself and have not yet had any problems, perhaps this could be caused by a conflict with what you currently have imported or potentially the file its self is the cause.

Comment

2017-01-31 17:09:04:206|3|16|Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.KeltnerEmaChan nel'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.

Attached is Code copied out of the Bin\custom\Indicators file that was exported before upgrading.

As you can see it just substitutes an EMA for the SMA.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Could you instead provide the exact .zip file that was not able to import?

I would like to try the same test as you were to confirm if the zip is the cause or if something you had previously imported was conflicting.

Comment

Jesse, How do I do that It was imported via the backup file.
                          I can't provide you all my custom indicators.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for that detail, because you had said "The Indicators just would not import so I had to copy them in" I had presumed you meant that you could not import the items from zip files. Instead you were referring to a backup which is a different case. I don't believe I would need any further information at this point as we are not referring to specific zip files. Manually copying in files that can not import due to conflicts would be the correct approach which you have followed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            168 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sidlercom80  
                            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                            3 responses
                            0 likes