Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protecting NT8 Code

Hi,

is there a free way to protect Codes for NT8?

For NT7 "Clisecure" did the code protecting. Is there any similar software for NT8?

Best Regards,

Hello Redmoon22, and thank you for your question. For NT8, the documented third party tool for securing your code is Agile.net, and you can learn more about it here,

Please let us know if we can answer any further questions or go into greater depth on any Ninja topic.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      Hello Redmoon22, and thank you for your question. For NT8, the documented third party tool for securing your code is Agile.net, and you can learn more about it here,

Please let us know if we can answer any further questions or go into greater depth on any Ninja topic.
      I guess the real question was: "Is there a free way to protect Codes for NT8?"

While Clisecure is free for NT7, the cost for NT8 is $100/yr.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thank you for your post.

At this time the only supported tool for NT8 would be the item you have linked, you can additionally research external sites for tools related to .net/C# obfuscation.

To address the question, there is nothing free that we could suggest at this time as an alternative. The tool mentioned in the help guide would be the only item which is tested and confirmed to work with the platform so that is really all I can specifically suggest.

You can still research obfuscators in external resources in contrast to general C# dll's, however, I am not sure on how successful an export would be in that use case.
        If you are able to locate other free .net obfuscators, this is something you would need to test yourself to confirm that the resulting export still performs in the same/correct way when imported. There are many ways to protect code and if done incorrectly the resulting export may not be able to be used in the platform, the suggested tool already has the correct parameters passed to it to ensure a functional export.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There was already another question asked about Agile in that old thread:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-net-questions

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
          c:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Backup\AgileDotNet.cls.

If anyone has any real world experience with modifying these flags, please share! We're always looking for the best way to secure our code! Thanks!
          The Q is: What exactly do we get for the money from Agile?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
          Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post rocketman7