• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data not shown in historical database

When I open a new 5-minute chart on my machine I expect

-> that historical minute data (backfill) is downloaded by NinjaTrader 8
    -> that the historical minute data is written to the historical data base
    -> that I can edit the data via the Historical Data Manager

It is now February 3, just past midnight. The markets have reopened after the break.

-> I have opened minute charts, which were correctly loaded, when connected.
    -> When I disconnect, close and reopen the chart, the chart is still correctly displayed.
    -> However, when I edit the historical data base, no minute data for February 3 is shown.

I believe that historical data which has been downloaded and which is correctly shown on the chart can be edited with the historical data manager. However, this is not the case.

Maybe there is confusion between calendar dates in exchange time and local time. Exchange time is still February 2, while local time is February 3. Historical data in the data base is timestamped in local time. Maybe exchange time logic or EST logic has been used to create the calendar dates in the edit section of the historical data manager.

Update:

I have opened a few charts again after 00:20 AM local time, and this time the daily data became visible in the historical data base.

I have also had issues with updating data just after midnight yesterday, when historical backfill was not available for tick charts during the first 10 minutes after midnight. Refreshing via F5 lead to a gap.

I will continue to run tests.

Comment

Hello,

I'm glad to hear the data appeared, but please do let us know the results of your testing so we can identify if there may be an item to investigate regarding this behavior.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post terofs
      by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
      1 response