Playback of Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playback of Historical Data

I'm using NT8 v 3.1. I have noticed that when I Playback the historical data, the bars that are printed look different each time I re-do the Playback. The price extremes of each swing is constant for each Playback, but apparently the starting point of each bar is different with each playback. Since I use closes and opens for the bars to make entry decisions, the fact that these bars change on each run make is difficult for me to trouble shoot my trading strategy. I am using a 1000 Tick chart for the NQ. I use historical tick data that I get from Continuum. I also have Break EOD checked on the chart data, which I would have thought would have made the bars always line up the same each time. But, the bars are not the same each time, thus the issue. Questions: Is this observation normal for the conditions I've described? Is there a way to get the data to replay like it would have been seen during real trading? Thanks, Joe

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report this item.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170202.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
    Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes