Black background is not Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black background is not Black

When I create a chart with a Black background, it appears grayish / slightly off black. The effect looks like a transparency effect or something similar (not a gradient though). When I use something like colorcop to look at the color, it says it is black, but it does not look black.

I had written this off until I noticed that when I click on the title bar to move the window, it turns a true black (and other colors are also sharper). I am not sure how WPF works when moving the window, but I think this is just an image of the current window. This is also fairly clear when you create two windows with black background, and then move one of them.

I assume this has to do with the rendering, and was wondering if there is some option in the theme that can be changed to turn this off. I have seen a couple of threads that mentioned non-sharp colors, and I suspect this is related to those.

This is on a 4K monitor, so could also be related to how rendering is done on high-DPI display.

Note, other apps are actually black, it is only Ninja that shows this odd behavior, so it is not a display / driver issue.

Post an screenshot/image of what you are seeing, maybe even post an image of something that is black for comparison.

Comment

Hello aslane,

May I have a screenshot of the Properties window for the chart showing the selected color for the background?

May I also have a screenshot of the chart?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is a screencast: https://www.screencast.com/t/LbnuUKfcBJU9

It shows the background property set to Black.

After showing the properties, I click on the title bar and hold for a few seconds multiple times. It is hard to see without other context, but the chart background is toggling between RGB(0, 0, 0) and RGB(4, 4, 4). The true black (0,0,0) is there when the title bar is held.

I was able to observe the RGB values using a program called Zoom+ (http://gipsysoft.com/?Zoom+), but I am sure there are plenty of other tools that can do the same. Just observe a pixel in the chart background while the screencast runs.

Comment

We are able to reproduce this behavior on our end. This is being tracked by the Development Team as NTEIGHT-11201.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y