Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Involute.

Just my opinion. Don't take it bad.
    Nice NT8 interface but NT7 was 100% easier and portable.
    Last edited by yamzeq; 02-05-2017, 03:41 PM. Reason: nt

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to submit any Feature Requests regarding NinjaTrader 8 if you have some suggestions on potential changes you would like to see in the platform. Feel free to post them here in this thread.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for posting.

I'm happy to submit any Feature Requests regarding NinjaTrader 8 if you have some suggestions on potential changes you would like to see in the platform. Feel free to post them here in this thread.
      Thanks for not taking it bad, haha

Can I ask you something or do I need to open another thread?
      Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

No need to create a new post, feel free to post any questions or suggestions you may have here.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

No need to create a new post, feel free to post any questions or suggestions you may have here.
          In NT7, I was able to plot 3 oscillators lines with the same code below, but now I'm just getting a 3 straight lines. I think I'm loosing something about recursivity with bars.

Code attached.

Also, do you have an example to plot 4 types of bars depending on variables values "histvolatile1"-"histvolatile2"-"histvolatile3".

Thanks
          Attached Files
          Last edited by yamzeq; 02-06-2017, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Hello Yamzeq,

Without the NT7 code I’m unable to test on my end on how the NT8 version should behave. Please upload a copy of that code so I may test on my end.

Yes, it would be possible to set the plot type depending on the value of an variable. I modified your script by adding an if statement, checking to see if histvolatile1 is less than 10, and if so, use a PlotStyle.Bar, otherwise use a line. You would use this format for the rest of the plots.

I look forward to your reply.
            Attached Files
            Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
              Hello Yamzeq,

Without the NT7 code I’m unable to test on my end on how the NT8 version should behave. Please upload a copy of that code so I may test on my end.

Yes, it would be possible to set the plot type depending on the value of an variable. I modified your script by adding an if statement, checking to see if histvolatile1 is less than 10, and if so, use a PlotStyle.Bar, otherwise use a line. You would use this format for the rest of the plots.

I look forward to your reply.
              Hello ALAN thanks for the reply, heres the NT7 code.
              I don't know what I'm missing.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello yamzeq,

I would suggest adding print statements to check the values of your variables throughout your code. I’ve provided a link to a youtube video which covers an example of using prints to understand behavior:
                Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.NinjaTrader 7 is an award winning end to end online ...

I’ve provided a link covering debugging which you may find helpful.

Debugging: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3418

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
                  Hello yamzeq,

I would suggest adding print statements to check the values of your variables throughout your code. I’ve provided a link to a youtube video which covers an example of using prints to understand behavior:
                  Dive into manipulating C# code from within an unlocked NinjaScript strategy using the NinjaScript Editor.NinjaTrader 7 is an award winning end to end online ...

I’ve provided a link covering debugging which you may find helpful.

Debugging: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3418

I'm not using any SMA..
                  I'm getting a different behaviour in NT8, that's why I gave u the NT7code..

Comment

Hello Yamzeq,

I was unable to diagnose what exactly was causing the difference however the two versions. I would suggest seeing the following resources and reattempting to convert the indicator.

There is not an official indicator/strategy converter which takes scripts from NT7 and converts them to NT8 however on the forum there is a post which provides script for conversion.

I’d like to mention its best to do a manual conversion for accuracy as not all scripts are simple enough to be converted directly.

Also below I’ve provided a link to code breaking changes which you should consider when converting your scripts:

In the support department at NinjaTrader we do not create, debug, or modify code for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes