VIX with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIX with IB

I bought my live licence a few years ago as I started to really dive into trading. Seemed like a good option with the multi-broker support to future proof myself in case my needs changed as I went.

My trading has evolved to be 95% based around VIX futures.

I can't seem to load historical/live VIX data from IB. What is going on here?

Thanks,

Wayne

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report this item.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170205.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow, Nevermind. It seems I must be fully logged in to get VIX data from IB, I was getting data on other instruments while logged in as Read-only so I didn't think it would be a factor.

Thanks for the reply.
      Last edited by waynewright33; 02-06-2017, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by waynewright33 View Post
        Wow, Nevermind. It seems I must be fully logged in to get VIX data from IB, I was getting data on other instruments while logged in as Read-only so I didn't think it would be a factor.

Thanks for the reply.
        I am using NT7 for about ten years now, but are new to NT8. I am trying to chart VX futures with data from IB, but the chart keeps stuck at "loading....".

Could you please explain what you mean with "I must be fully logged in to get VIX data from IB". I can't find anything about this 'read-only' feature in the Help files.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes