Renko with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renko with IB

Hi, I want to use Renko Charts.I have an IB connection. when I load a chart i do not get data. I just start with a blanco chart. is it possible to load data for this type of chart?

tks,

Michael

Hello Michael,

Unfortunately historical tick data is not supported with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader. Renko bars are build by historical tick data. You would need to connect to a data feed/broker that supports historical tick data. Please see the link below which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Michael,

Unfortunately historical tick data is not supported with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader. Renko bars are build by historical tick data. You would need to connect to a data feed/broker that supports historical tick data. Please see the link below which will list all supported data feed providers and what data they support.
      http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...y_provider.htm
      ok, tks is it possible to connect to an other data provider and download the historical data and use IB again?

IB also need to disconnect at the end of the day. in that time i am not connected to ninja. so i could get some gaps do you know a solution to solve this problem?

Comment

You can use a different supported broker/data feed connection to load the historical tick data you need and then connect to Interactive Brokers again.

Comment

You can use a different supported broker/data feed connection to load the historical tick data you need and then connect to Interactive Brokers again.
          Tks, When I use the data feed from IB and I have gathered some data for Renko bars. All my data is lost again when I restart ninja. is it possible to store these data? if so how can i set this up?

Comment

You can record realtime data you receive as historical data by enabling 'Record live data as historical' at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Market data.

Comment

When i use Renko on the EUR USD and i want a 5 pip Renko, am i correct to put 50 as bricksize? http://prntscr.com/e5z1ca

I have saved some data a couple of days now from IB. but when i change the bricksize from 50 to 5 and back I lost the gather data from the previous day. I had checked the ''record live as historical'' http://prntscr.com/e5z0rw
              Did i do something wrong?

Comment

Yes, the screenshot shows each renko bar consist of 5 pips.

Do you see the historical data at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Edit-tab? Please click Historical-->EURUSD-->Last-->Tick and check if you see the data you recorded.

Comment

Yes, the screenshot shows each renko bar consist of 5 pips.

Do you see the historical data at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Edit-tab? Please click Historical-->EURUSD-->Last-->Tick and check if you see the data you recorded.
                  It seems like there is. but this is not used in my chart. how can i upload this?

Comment

The screenshot shows you have historical minute data, but no historical tick data. Renko bars are build from historical tick data.

When did you enable 'Record live data as historical' in the Options menu? Please note that realtime data is recorded after you enable this option and you receive realtime data in a chart.

Comment

The screenshot shows you have historical minute data, but no historical tick data. Renko bars are build from historical tick data.

When did you enable 'Record live data as historical' in the Options menu? Please note that realtime data is recorded after you enable this option and you receive realtime data in a chart.
                      I set this option yesterday morning. This morning I had the historical data from yesterday too. but when i changed the Renko from 50 to 5 and then back to 50 i lost the data of yesterday. Can i Load this data again?

Comment

Unfortunately it seems the data was not recorded as it is not listed in the Historical Data window. Only historical minute data is shown there. I will test it on my end and see if I can reproduce.

Comment

Unfortunately it seems the data was not recorded as it is not listed in the Historical Data window. Only historical minute data is shown there. I will test it on my end and see if I can reproduce.
                          Ok tks, hopefully you could reproduce this problem. I did not fill anything in this section. http://prntscr.com/e60p9e This is also not necessary?

Tks from help!

Comment

I am connected to Interactive Brokers and I have a renko chart opened for the EURUSD. I see that historical tick data has been recorded when I check the Historical Data window. If I subsequently switch to a different renko interval, it still shows the historical data that has been recorded.

There was no historical tick data listed at all in your screenshot. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and close all workspaces, charts and other windows. Keep one empty workspace opened and connect to Interactive Brokers. Make sure '' is enabled and create a new renko chart. Check if realtime data is received and let it run for a few minutes. Once a few minutes have passed, please check the Historical Data window and check if you see historical tick data.

It is fine that you did not setup preferred connections.

Comment

I am connected to Interactive Brokers and I have a renko chart opened for the EURUSD. I see that historical tick data has been recorded when I check the Historical Data window. If I subsequently switch to a different renko interval, it still shows the historical data that has been recorded.

There was no historical tick data listed at all in your screenshot. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and close all workspaces, charts and other windows. Keep one empty workspace opened and connect to Interactive Brokers. Make sure '' is enabled and create a new renko chart. Check if realtime data is received and let it run for a few minutes. Once a few minutes have passed, please check the Historical Data window and check if you see historical tick data.

It is fine that you did not setup preferred connections.

It seems working now. tks for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                              Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post lorem