• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Assertion since today at startup (perhaps Trading Hour Template)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assertion since today at startup (perhaps Trading Hour Template)

I used 8.0.3.1 so far and today I get the following assertion (s.screenshot). It also asked me for updating trading hour templates from your server (FDAX, FDXM) - perhaps it has something today with it.

Then I installed 8.0.4.0 and hoped, that this nightmare will be blown away, without luck. Now I have the following exception:

2017-02-06 09:55:32:119 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2017-02-06 09:55:32:119 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2017-02-06 09:55:32:119 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.SetState(S tate state)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.NinjaScript.IndicatorRenderBase.Se tState(State state)
    at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.NinjaScriptBase.Finalize()

And yes, Safe Mode is working and no, I will not be happy to renew my workspace to see were the bug could be.
    Attached Files

Hello BearingHH,

Can you please select Ignore in the error and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Database Management. Click 'Update trading hour templates'. Make sure 'Predefined trading hour templates' is enabled and click Update. Check if you still experience the error message after a restart.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I forgot to mention in my last post, that I've already done it - from Safe Mode. Sadly I had installed the 8.0.4 version before. Then the assertion was gone, but I had the new exception, posted in the last paragraph of my last message.

Don't know - perhaps I will try to re-install 8.0.3.1 again.

Comment

Hello BearingHH,

Can you please send me all your NinjaTrader log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, 1656155' in the subject header.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but I will use 8.0.3.1 and if I've time in the future, I will check, what's going on. I'm happy that everything is working again so far.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lavalampmj, Today, 05:25 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post lavalampmj  
          Started by Antares66, Today, 05:19 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes