8.0.4.0 seems to use TradingHours and ninjatrader.sdf in c:\program foled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.4.0 seems to use TradingHours and ninjatrader.sdf in c:\program foled

After updating from 8.0.3.1 to 8.0.4.0 I noticed that NT is using TradingHours templates and ninjatrader.sdf from C:\program files (x86) folder instead that from documents\Ninjatrader 8 folder.

I noticed this behavior because in the past I had modified rollover dates and values in some instruments and had added missing holidays in templates (e.g. US equities RTH missing Martin Luther King Day 01/16/2017) and these changes seem disappeared after update

To be brief I omit to explain in details what led to me to investigate but I enclose some screenshots and information as evidence of this statement.

First of all I noticed that modified holidays were still in xml templates in documents folder (see TH_InDocumentsFolder.jpg enclosed) but not used I chart.

So I wrote un indicator to print all holidays in the TH in use in the chart (see TestIndicatorOutputInV8040.jpg).
    here is code snippet
    Code:
                else if (State == State.DataLoaded)
                {
                    Print("Instrument = " + Instrument.FullName + " chart interval = " + Bars.BarsPeriod.BaseBarsPeriodValue + " " + Bars.BarsPeriod.BarsPeriodType);
                    Print("Trading Hour Template in use is " + TradingHours.Name);
                    foreach(KeyValuePair<DateTime, string> holiday in TradingHours.Holidays)
                    {
                      Print(holiday);
                    }
                }
    You can notice that holidays in use as printed by the indicator are those in “US equities RTH.xml” of C:\program files (x86) folder (see TH_InProgramsFolder.jpg) instead of those in “US equities RTH.xml” of documents folder.

As it regards ninjatrader.sdf seems that NT 8.0.4.0 uses the one in c:\program files (x86) (similarly to TH) because all rollovers were reset to default after the update to 8.0.4.0 (see GCRollovers_InV8040.jpg where GC rollovers values are missing and GC 03-17 is present and it should not) but again present as modified by me after uninstall of version 8.0.4.0 and reinstall of version 8.0.3.1 (see GCRollovers_inV9031.jpg) without further actions

Please could you take a look at this problem?

Thank You very much
    Attached Files
    Last edited by aerofly; 02-06-2017, 01:37 PM. Reason: typing errors

Hello aerofly,

Thank you for your note.

This was related to a bug fix in NinjaTrader 8.0.3.0. Please see the top of the release notes at the link below.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Alan,
      Thank you for your reply.

I was aware of TH reset to default when updated from 8.0.2.0 to 8.0.3.0 No problem I handled it but this is a completely different story

First of all I’m updating from 8.0.3.1 to 8.0.4.0 and last but not least my TH templates are still there with all my changes in it.

Using Control center menu “tools/trading Hours” it shows my customization to templates and if I make some further modification they are stored.

But when I open a chart my customizations to TH are lost and if you read carefully my first post You’ll notice that I have narrowed down possible cause to the use of TH templates present in C:\Program Files (x86) folder instead of those in documents folder.

Same happens to instruments and rollovers. Any modification made through control center isn’t apparently stored at all but if you browse the ninjatrader.sdf with visual studio 2015 SQL server compact toolbox they are indeed stored so I think again that NT reads from ninjatrader.sdf present in C:

In my opinion this is in some way related to what is reported in this other thread

Now I’ve rolled back to 8.0.3.1 and all is functioning again but I am available to further investigation if useful.

Comment

Originally posted by aerofly View Post

In my opinion this is in some way related to what is reported in this other thread

Surely does sound like it.

Comment

Hello aerofly,

I’ve made a video where I modify the ASX template by removing trade days and holidays, apply the trading hours template to a chart, shut down, restart. The changes stick.

I then show that the template file inside My Documents>NT8>Templates>Trading Hours>ASX Interest Rate was the file modified. When I navigate to C>Program Files (x86)>NinjaTrader 8>Templates>Trading hours and open ASX Interest Rate, the file is not modified.

Video:
          Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Are you apply to replicate the steps in the video and obtain different results?

Are you modifying the trading hours template within NinjaTrader?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello Alan,
            here it is.

Actually the problem occurs only if the chart use TH <use instrument settings> and this is why in your video everything is working fine

Here is my video to demonstrate the issue

In the following video I demonstrate the second issue I have: instruments changes do not survive after restart of ninjatrader

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Please let me know if You need further information
            Last edited by aerofly; 02-07-2017, 12:42 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Hello aerofly,

I was able to replicate both issues.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention I have forwarded this on to development.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
              Started by nandhumca, Yesterday, 03:41 PM
              1 response
              0 likes