Tabbed Workspaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tabbed Workspaces

Does anyone know whether NT8 allows for tabbed workspaces? Yes, tabs can be added to charts but it would be nice to have tabbed workspaces. If this is possible, can anyone please point me to more info how to implement this in NT8? Thanks.

Tabbed Workspaces

Hello Zeos6,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

You can easily cycle through your workspaces by accessing the workspaces menu from the NinjaTrader 8 control center window, you cannot add tabs to your workspaces.

For more information about the workspaces menu, you can follow this link below to our help guide:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...paces_menu.htm

If you still find you are not able to do what you would like after reviewing the information in our help guide, please explain to me what it is that you are interested in doing as the functions of the workspaces menu are similar to adding tabs to charts.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes this does help but as I usually do not keep the control center up on my screen, changing workspaces using your methodology is not as convenient or quick as it would be if we had tabs right on the bottom of the window. You already have tabs inside the window for various charts so the idea would be the same. Add tabs at the bottom of the window to open different windows, where each window is a workspace.

Thanks for your help though. Appreciate it.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

I have submitted your suggestion for the enhancement of NinjaTrader to our development team and will update you with the tracking number associated with this request once it has been created. We appreciate your commitment in helping us to improve NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thanks Alan.

Comment

Hello Zeos6,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback, we have inserted your suggestion into our tracking system and assigned it ID # SFT-735.

Comment

Is there any updates on the case? I am, 5 years later, also and still w Alen, looking for tabbed workspaces... maybe someone found a 3rd party option?

Comment

Hello ticktradr,

Thank you for your note.

There is no update on this request at the current time, but I have added a vote on your behalf to SFT-735.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
                • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
                • Feasibility
                • Developer bandwidth
                • Current projects in the queue
                • Economics
                You'll find a note regarding the feature request in the release notes when/if a feature is implemented.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FYI FWIW the Workspaces Menu method of navigating referenced by Alan S used to be accessible using keyboard shortcuts (hence you could tab back and forth between/cycle workspaces using keyboard combinations or program a Hotkey combo) in NT7 as did most other drop-down Menu items in keeping with every other piece of Windows software on the market. This functionality was inexplicably and universally removed in NT8, much to the detriment of usability of which this is just one example.
                  There’s a ‘Feature Request’ for it you might like to vote for, although I wouldn’t recommend you waste your time
                  Last edited by brucerobinson; 08-28-2022, 10:58 AM.

Comment

brucerobinson, lost that lovin' feeling?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post gentlebenthebear  
                    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Kaledus