Connect to twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connect to twitter

I am trying to connect NT8 to twitter. when I try to connect I see this message. but after a while nothing happen. It stays like this.

Do I have to do something?

Hello MichaelAlexander,

Thank you for your post,

There are no additional steps, usually the authorization takes a moment then the window closes.

I suggest first testing your Twitter login outside of NinjaTrader to make sure the ID and password are working and that you can log in and out without issue. I was able to create a test account on my end and it connected quickly without error.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello MichaelAlexander,

Thank you for your post,

There are no additional steps, usually the authorization takes a moment then the window closes.

I suggest first testing your Twitter login outside of NinjaTrader to make sure the ID and password are working and that you can log in and out without issue. I was able to create a test account on my end and it connected quickly without error.

Tks for respond. my ID and password is working. Could it because i use an VPS for Ninja? something blocks it?
      Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/e635pj

It is also not in the application window in twitter: http://prntscr.com/e63afp
      Last edited by MichaelAlexander; 02-08-2017, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

I'm unsure if a VPS would help, something is stopping the linking but I'm not yet certain of the cause. Are you on the current version of NinjaTrader, 8.0.4.0? This is found via Help > About.

I suggest clearing your browser cache and making sure it's up-to-date. On my end, NinjaTrader did prompt to use Internet Explorer. Also verify that NinjaTrader is allowed as an exception to any firewall on your PC.

Comment

I'm unsure if a VPS would help, something is stopping the linking but I'm not yet certain of the cause. Are you on the current version of NinjaTrader, 8.0.4.0? This is found via Help > About.

I suggest clearing your browser cache and making sure it's up-to-date. On my end, NinjaTrader did prompt to use Internet Explorer. Also verify that NinjaTrader is allowed as an exception to any firewall on your PC.

Yess i use the current version.8.0.4.0 http://prntscr.com/e643cw
          I applied NT8 in the Firewall inbound and outbound rules. http://prntscr.com/e648yw
          And i cleared the cache and use IE 11 http://prntscr.com/e649bd

But all this doesn't make any difference.
          Last edited by MichaelAlexander; 02-08-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Thank you for you reply,

Sorry to hear that didn't help, when setting up, does the Authorization prompt show? Are you already logged in, or does it have you sign in?

Comment

Thank you for you reply,

Sorry to hear that didn't help, when setting up, does the Authorization prompt show? Are you already logged in, or does it have you sign in?

When i want to use this service i click directly on ''connect'' I can not enter some text at username: http://prntscr.com/e660iw is this right?

Then I see this and i login and Autorize app: http://prntscr.com/e65ur1
              Then i have to wait: http://prntscr.com/e65vf8

And then nothing happened. I am really dont know what to do now. its very strange.
              Last edited by MichaelAlexander; 02-08-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Hello MichaelAlexander,

Thank you for your reply and patience while we troubleshoot the issue.

Do items on your Twitter account look normal? This is just a part of Twitter's help recommendation on setting up 3rd party apps.

If so, would it be possible for you to create a test Twitter account to see if this account can be linked?

Comment

Hello MichaelAlexander,

Thank you for your reply and patience while we troubleshoot the issue.

Do items on your Twitter account look normal? This is just a part of Twitter's help recommendation on setting up 3rd party apps.

If so, would it be possible for you to create a test Twitter account to see if this account can be linked?

My twitter account seems normal. I have create a new twitter account for testen but also this one has the same issue. http://prntscr.com/e66ig5
                  seems NT or twitter could not connect? but there is some of connection because i can login. its weird ..

Comment

To test, please shut down NinjaTrader 8 and go to the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder.

Rename the "config" file here as "config.old" and restart. This is where the share services are stored, along with your license key and connection so NinjaTrader will load without these saved items. You can shutdown and reverse the file names so your older settings will be loaded again.

With the new config file, go to Tools > Options and see if you're able to link Twitter again.

Let me know the behavior you see with these steps.

Comment

To test, please shut down NinjaTrader 8 and go to the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 folder.

Rename the "config" file here as "config.old" and restart. This is where the share services are stored, along with your license key and connection so NinjaTrader will load without these saved items. You can shutdown and reverse the file names so your older settings will be loaded again.

With the new config file, go to Tools > Options and see if you're able to link Twitter again.

Let me know the behavior you see with these steps.

I am sorry, i followed your steps but when i use the new config and try to use twitter it does not make any difference http://prntscr.com/e67exm

Can we see some log anywhere maybe we can see their what blocks the connection?

Comment

Certainly, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                        Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                        Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                        Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Certainly, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                          Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                          Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                          Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                          Tks, I have send you an email with the compressed folders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Christopher_R  
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          166 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post sidlercom80