8.0.4 - NT w/ IB Account / Positions / Strategies Tabs Not Updated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.4 - NT w/ IB Account / Positions / Strategies Tabs Not Updated

So I seem to have encountered yet another problem when using NT with IB.

Long story short - the positions / account / strategies windows are not updating. The problem seems to happen after NT is left connected to IB overnight. NinjaScript strategies are still behaving as expected, but not being able to view open positions and risk via the positions / account / strategies tab is a major issue.

If it might be the cause of the problem, I'm using an FA (advisor account).

So this is the anatomy of a trade as seen from the log window. NinjaScript submits an order, then you get various order/execution updates. This is followed by various position updates, and finally a mail is sent (due to my code):

The next day, just after the market open I see the following along with some pop-up windows. I like to think it isn't my strategies because I'm running the exact thing on another VM with an IB paper account and that showed no errors. Could these be related to IB account/position data and be the cause of the problem?

After that, for all the trades placed later in the day, you see the same logging as in the first screenshot, but position updates are missing!

Following that, the position window is not updated (I verified this by comparing the quantity displayed in the NT positions tab vs. the actual IB account). I'm pretty sure the account window is not updated either.

Just as an afterthought - near midnight, IB's maintenance causes several brief disconnections (usually just seconds long) and NT reconnects. This is to be expected as stated here (see "Server Reset Times"): https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=2225

Could this be part of the problem?

Attached Files

Had a strategy just submit a trade so here are more screenshots to illustrate what's going on. I can also confirm that account variables are not being updated on the account tab.

Please see attached screenshots.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report this item.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170209.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
      Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chart trader does not show the position, but shows the execution and limit/stop orders, Order tab shows the orders, BUT positions tab shows no positions, and the DOM shows no positions but shows the limit/stop orders. Latest NT, Live trading account via TWS Gateway. Ideas. Never seen this before - and I have seen alot.

Comment

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.Please answer all of the following questions:
          • What instrument were you trading?
          • When did this most recently occur?
          • What Order ID was assigned to this order? You can check in the Executions or Orders tab of the Control Center.
          • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
          • Does this occur if you place orders/trades to the Sim101 account? If you have not tried, please do so now and report the results

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred