NT 8.0.4 does not start after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8.0.4 does not start after upgrade

Upgraded to NT 8.0.4. Now NT won't start, it stops with the message: Unable to copy or locate comission templates.
    Now what? Complete uninstall + reinstall, or is there a better option?

Update: After complete uninstall + reinstall it starts.

It might be a bug report though.
    First time was a simple upgrade, into the same folder as 8.0.2 The folder is a custom one, not standard NT8 folder (I don't like long names). When starting 8.0.4 it was looking for the custom assembly in the standard folder, instead of the install folder, which of course it could not find, so it failed. It even lied about the install directory in the trace file, stating: InstallDir='C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8\'
    After complete uninstall I installed into the same custom folder. This time it was looking for everything at the right place, and not lying about the InstallDir any more.

Comment

Hello, thank you for your post!

I can't reproduce the same on my end and I troubleshot by removing the commission template files.

To troubleshoot, please test deleting the commission template folder and attempt to launch NinjaTrader. You may test this by navigating to the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > templates. In the templates folder, delete the folder named Commission. If you're unable to delete the folder, please restart your PC and test again.

When NinjaTrader launches, the folder should restore.

If you see the same error message, please uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader. Just a basic uninstall and reinstall shouldn't remove any of your workspaces, add-ons, templates, or settings.

Please ensure NinjaTrader is closed (CRITICAL) and uninstall and then reinstall using the link below.

To uninstall, please navigate to your Start Menu > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program > NinjaTrader 8.

Next, install NinjaTrader 8 by entering your email address at our website here.

Let us know if we may be of further assistance.
      Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Titus, glad you got it working.

I'll reach out to our Quality Assurance team to see about reporting this.

Thanks for your post!
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree
        by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM