Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

two questions about the EURUSD chart instrument?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two questions about the EURUSD chart instrument?

1] is the EURUSD chart instrument a future, future option, warrent, etc?

2] what is the function of the pin next to a some of the chart instruments in the instrument drop down list [i.e.] to what is the chart pinned or not pinned?

1. The built-in EURUSD is a currency pair (forex) instrument
    2. The instrument list you're referring to populates with the most recently used instruments. You can use this pin icon to 'pin' particular instruments to the instrument list so that they are always available in the list.

Comment

thanks patrick,

a eurusd chart trader order results in error message ''there is no market data available to drive the simulation engine'' ... please advise about how to obtain a data feed for eurusd.

Comment

Who are you connected to? This is displayed with a green circle to the left of the connection name within the Control Center's connection menu.

If this is not a connection which provides forex data, you can request a forex demo here:

NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          Who are you connected to? This is displayed with a green circle to the left of the connection name within the Control Center's connection menu.

If this is not a connection which provides forex data, you can request a forex demo here:

http://ninjatrader.com/DLP
          i connect only to ninja continuum. the link that you supplied appears to imply that a forex data feed is available via ninja ... is that correct?

Comment

Correct. There is a free forex data feed available. Select the 'forex' radio button when filling out your information:

Comment

the free data application says ''You will receive an email including your username & password to connect to NinjaTrader FXCM. Once received, click the button below for setup instructions.''

however, my understanding is that FXCM is no longer a source for forex data?

Comment

More information can be found regarding FXCM here:

I requested a forex demo this morning and it is supplying real-time forex data as of this moment.

Comment

thanks patrick

Comment

the data application says to download NinjaTrader 8.0.4.0 and then i will get a username & password. NinjaTrader 8.0.4.0 is already installed. what should i do to get a username & password?

Comment

just realized it's my current username & password. not sure at the moment what they are. not sure what to do ... gotta think about this

Comment

If you already have NinjaTrader installed you will not need to install it again.

You should receive an email from either NinjaTrader Brokerage or CQG giving you a username and password to configure within the NinjaTrader platform.

Comment

I named my connection ''FXCM Forex''. when i try to connect an error message is displayed [i.e.] ''FXCM Forex: no trading sessions found (Panic)''.

please advise.

Comment

Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and include the username and password you received so I can test it on my end.

In the subject of your email please reference ticket #1660139 ATTN PatrickG.

In the body of your email please also include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Christopher_R  
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            166 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sidlercom80