Collapse

why is the cross hair slow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just released R11 which includes performance upgrades to the crosshair.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what was the cause?

Comment

We've made general performance improvements to NinjaTrader since this post was made. You can view all of them within the release notes:

Specifically, in release 8.0.11.0, there was item 10314 which directly addressed crosshair performance.

If you're experiencing any issues first ensure you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8. You'll find the latest version noted in the release notes link above. To upgrade:
        • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
        • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        • Enter your license key and press Submit
        • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
        • Select 'Download'
        • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

If upgrading does not resolve the issue, create a new post on the relevant forum or email us at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may assist you. Make sure to provide as much detail as possible when contacting us for support to ensure the quickest and most accurate support.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          We've made general performance improvements to NinjaTrader since this post was made. You can view all of them within the release notes:

Specifically, in release 8.0.11.0, there was item 10314 which directly addressed crosshair performance.

If you're experiencing any issues first ensure you're using the latest version of NinjaTrader 8. You'll find the latest version noted in the release notes link above. To upgrade:
          • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.

If upgrading does not resolve the issue, create a new post on the relevant forum or email us at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may assist you. Make sure to provide as much detail as possible when contacting us for support to ensure the quickest and most accurate support.

I'm still having a lot of chugging when it comes to chart rendering. I wouldn't consider this issue closed.

Comment

Originally posted by jcrza View Post
            I'm still having a lot of chugging when it comes to chart rendering. I wouldn't consider this issue closed.
            We would like to find out more about your installation of NinjaTrader and your PC to help resolve what you're reporting.

Please email us at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and '1661087 ATTN Patrick G' in the subject. Also, include any relevant details like specifics on what you're running into and how it manifests itself.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_James; 04-26-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Hi,
              I just got a new laptop(i5-8250U, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce MX150 w/ 2GBVRAM) and installed the latest NT8. The crosshairs don't lag UNTIL I place an order, then it is very slow and choppy. Is there a fix for this? It also did this on my old laptop.
              Last edited by speedbomb; 05-15-2019, 08:07 AM.

Comment

We would need more information about your specific PC and NinjaTrader configuration. Please follow my instructions in post #20 to contact us via email for detailed analysis of what you're experiencing.

(For my reference - new ticket 2157399)

Comment

OMG - after discovering this thread i feel like i've got a new lease on life... er, well, trading at least... i can start wracking up commissions now without fear of trading errors...

my box = SuperMicro tower - Windows 7 - Seagate 10Krpm 2 disk RAID - 2 Xeon [email protected] with (4) 2GB GSkill F3-10666CL7-2GBECO the slow link is my Radeon HD5570 with 2 Acer V243H

however, now i've turned off my crosshairs on all my charts and i can move the page and place and move orders without all that unbearable sluggishness that just doesn't work for a manual trader in a fast moving market...

i do miss my crosshairs though - especially the right side price maker for the crosshair - i'm just wondering if the programmer gods could introduce a price marker to the "off" "arrow only" pointer since it seems like there's a lot involved in getting the crosshair to work at lighting speed like everything else in 8 does compared to 7... love that parallel processing multi-threading mad speed...

i've got everything crossed - my fingers - my toes - my arms n legs - my eyes - just hoping a price marker for the arrow cursor is easy - and fast...
                  /w

trying to be light about it -- this issue has caused me great consternation
                  almost forgot to say thanks for the vast improvements over NT7 !!!
                  also forgot - NT8.18
                  Last edited by stafe; 05-16-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Does this mean when considering a new laptop for NT8 it would be a very very bad idea to consider integrated graphics, if you like crosshairs?

btw. are we talking about any crosshairs in this thread or just global crosshairs?

Comment

Integrated graphics will likely struggle if you intend on doing any significant charting in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Just to confirm, I have the same issue, particularly in times of higher volatility, the crosshair will stutter terribly and make it very difficult to place orders on the chart.Even under normal conditions it can be laggy, even when all else seems OK. I'm on NT8, high power PC, GPU usage <3%, etc.

Can I offer a quick fix / improvement for some users? Add an option for horizontal crosshair only. At the moment, you just have all or nothing. For instance, on my entry charts, where I notice it the most, I only need horizontal (price) mouse line. Perhaps by removing 50% of the work, we improve the efficiency for some, a lot, without you even fixing the underlying issue? This is all on local crosshairs btw - No global.

Comment

We do have an option for 'draw cross hair only' which still gives you the vertical and horizontal markers but doesn't actually draw the lines:
                          • Right-click on the chart > Properties
                          • Expand the 'Lines' section
                          • Expand the 'Crosshair' section
                          • Enable 'Draw cursor only' > OK

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                            We do have an option for 'draw cross hair only' which still gives you the vertical and horizontal markers but doesn't actually draw the lines:
                            • Right-click on the chart > Properties
                            • Expand the 'Lines' section
                            • Expand the 'Crosshair' section
                            • Enable 'Draw cursor only' > OK
                            Hi,

yes, thanks, but I need the actual horizontal bar so I can line up with multiple bars, levels etc. Thanks anyway. Just thought a half way house as it were, might help...

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4015. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 05-28-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton