BRK_B not updating live data on TDAmeritrade connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRK_B not updating live data on TDAmeritrade connection

I have a chart of BRK_B up and I'm connected to TDAmeritrade. I'm able to load historical data from them, but live data doesn't display on the chart so it doesn't show any updates. If I refresh the chart, after like 5 minutes, it shows all the new data. What's going on?

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your post,

This usually indicates the real-time data isn't enabled on the data feed.

Is your TD connection able to access real-time data for this stock outside of NinjaTrader as well?

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, all the other stocks are updating fine, just this one isn't

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

To test, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

* Disconnect from any active datafeed: Navigate to the Control Center > Connections menu, left-click the ‘disconnect’ button that appears to the right of any active connection.
        * Reset your instruments: Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window, left-click to expand the ‘Update instrument lists’ section, ensure ‘Predefined instrument lists’ is checked, then left-click the Update button that appears just to the right of the two options in this section.
        * Restart NinjaTrader.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

I followed your instructions, but It's still not updating w/ live data, when i refresh the chart it loads new data however streaming data is not loading.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your post,

Sorry to hear that didn't help. Just to make sure are you able to receive real-time data for this stock outside of NinjaTrader? Re-reading your last message, I realize you were still checking other stocks within NinjaTrader.

If you're not able to get the quotes outside of NinjaTrader as well, I suggest contacting TD to verify this data is enabled on your data feed.

If you can get data elsewhere, can you please send me your ID and password so I may test your connection on my end? Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with this information and a link to this forum post.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

If I change the Symbol Map to BRK/B in the Instruments for BRK_B, then I get real time data now. However, now I get an error in the log that says "Could not get snapshot data for symbol BRK/B Error Message: The security symbol is invalid"

What is snapshot data?

Comment

Is this still an issue?

Are you now able to get real time equities data from TDAmeritrade in NT 8?

Thanks,
                Gary

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, the TD Ameritrade connection in NinjaTrader does offer real-time data for equities.This forum post was regarding an individual stock that was not updating for a user which has since been resolved.

The below link will show all the NinjaTrader-supported data feeds and the market they support.

See "Understanding the Data Supplied by your Connectivity Provider"

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

Comment

The answer is you should change your "Trading hours" in your "Data Series" to "Default 24x5" or "Default 24x7".
                    In the Chart press the "Data Series" Icon --> "Time Frame" submenu --->"Trading hours" and there scroll down all the options until you find "Default 24x7" as above.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post LawrenHom  
                    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post love2code2trade