Forex data feed connection questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forex data feed connection questions

i have 2 futures charts [zb & es] and 3 forex charts so i assumed i should connect futures charts to sim101 & forex charts to the forex data feed ... connections have been made to both data feeds. however ninja insists upon chart account connections being to one or the other [i.e.] sim101 or forex. plus other unexpected things contrary to intuition are happening?

comments and suggestions will be much appreciated.

Hello joemiller,

Please note that Sim101 is not a data feed. It is the internal simulation account of the NinjaTrader platform.

Am I correct you connect to a FXCM demo connection? If so, you will see 2 accounts under Control Center-->Accounts-tab. The Sim101 account and a FXCM demo account.

Sorry I am not sure what you mean by the following. Can you please clarify?

"however ninja insists upon chart account connections being to one or the other"
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello joemiller,

[1]
      Please note that Sim101 is not a data feed. It is the internal simulation account of the NinjaTrader platform.

[2]
      Am I correct you connect to a FXCM demo connection? If so, you will see 2 accounts under Control Center-->Accounts-tab. The Sim101 account and a FXCM demo account.

[3]
      Sorry I am not sure what you mean by the following. Can you please clarify?
      "however ninja insists upon chart account connections being to one or the other"
      ==================================================
      thanks jason.

[1] got it ... sim101 is not a data feed. so is FXCM a data feed or an account or something else? for obvious good reasons i want to get it straight

[2] i'm connected to ninja continuum and a forex connection i named ''FXCM Forex''. i see two accounts under Control Center-->Accounts-tab and also my ninja continuum real account with dorman.

[3] if i change the info in the account field of the chart trader panel on the right side of the chart that info was being changed to be the same on all the other charts.

However now at the time of this writing, the PnL is being displayed for all five charts whereas previously it was not ... so maybe everything is ok now?

anyhow, is it correct that i should connect to both FXCM and ninja continuum?

Comment

1. Yes, FXCM is a supported broker partner of the NinjaTrader platform. If you connect to a FXCM connection in NinjaTrader, you will receive forex data.

2. This is as expected when connected to both FXCM and NinjaTrader Continuum. The Sim101 account is always present. The FXCM demo connection loads a demo account in the NinjaTrader platform and your NinjaTrader Continuum connection loads your live account.

3. Switching accounts in one ChartTrader window should not change the account in other charts that have ChartTrader enabled. Are you able to reproduce this consistently?

You do not have to connect to FXCM demo to trade your live account. The NinjaTrader Continuum connection allows you to select your live account in the NinjaTrader platform. However NinjaTrader Continuum does not provide any forex data. If you like to receive forex data in NinjaTrader, you will need to connect to FXCM.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes