8.0.4 horizontal lines lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.4 horizontal lines lost

Hello i have some horizontal lines that i add and lock to some indicator panels - these were saved to the workspace a few days ago. Now they are gone. This was an issue in prior releases of N8. They should remain ?
    thanks

In this reproducible? in other words, if you add locked lines now, shut down and save, then restart, are the lines missing? Or does it appear to be intermittent?

What, if any, changes were made to the chart which had the locked drawing objects? For example, was the instrument changed or rolled over?

Comment

The main thing to note would be i changed CL to 4-17 ... on the chart in question.

Comment

This would be expected when switching expiries. If you switch back to the march contract I would expect the lines to be there (unless other changes have been made to the chart since).

A quick way to test this would be to load a CL 03-17 chart and draw a line on the data series or indicator then switch that chart to CL 04-17. All drawing objects will 'disappear'.

You can think of CL 03-17 and CL 04-17 as being as different as AAPL and MSFT. Those drawing objects are associated with CL 03-17 specifically. When switching to CL 04-17 they do not exist on that specific instrument and expiry.

Comment

Hello i appreciate what you are saying. So i would submit to a feature request on this.
          CL though is not similar to AAPL from a database design point of view in my opinion.
          AAPL and other such stocks (a different category to futures) do not rollover each month,
          This is particularly relevant to CL given it rolls monthly unlike Indexes which is quarterly.
          Either way the ability to retain key drawing objects (which take time) would be very beneficial to retain in these instances. I hope others will agree and add votes to this.

thanks

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward this suggestion to the Development Team.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Perr0Grande  
            Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elderan