new chart from tabs of other charts...possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new chart from tabs of other charts...possible

Hi I have my charts setup in forex as saperate tabs for different time frames (5min/60min/1 day) for different currencies JPY/EUR/GBP, however i would like to re-organize my charts so that they are organized by timeframe instead of currency....is this possible? i know i can take a tab and create it in a new window, however not sure if its possible to take these new windows and combine them in one chart

this is how my charts are currently organized with the "/" indicating separate tabs

chart 1: JPY - 5min/60min/1 day
    chart 2: EUR - 5min/60min/1 day
    chart 3: GBP - 5min/60min/1 day

and this is how i would like to group them

chart 1: 5 min JPY/5 min EUR/5 min GBP
    chart 2 : 60 min JPY/60 min EUR/60 min GBP
    chart 3: 1 day JPY/1 day EUR/1 day GBP

thanks,

D

Of course you can, Just select which ever symbol and time frame you want on the next tab.

Comment

If your charts have some indicators and settings that you want to keep, you should first save each as a chart-specific template. Then, when you create a new chart on a new tab, select the appropriate template.

Comment

Hello,

Thank for your post.

It would not be possible to "transfer" chart tabs from one chart window to another, but you could edit your existing chart tabs to reflect your desired changes. You can change instruments and/or interval settings of your current chart tab in the Data Series menu, which is found by right-clicking inside the desired chart tab and selecting "Data Series." More information at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

just to clarify....i meant copy my existing tab, with support/resistance lines, fib levels, channels etc. to a new chart without having to redo every support/resistance line etc

thxn

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification.

It would not be possible to include drawing objects in a charting template. The reason for this being that chart templates can be applied to any instrument, which can have vastly different prices, which would place the drawing objects in strange locations far from the price in many cases. However, I can definitely see the merit in this and will submit a Feature Request to the Development Team to consider adding this as a possible feature in future releases of the platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Da1nonly View Post
              just to clarify....i meant copy my existing tab, with support/resistance lines, fib levels, channels etc. to a new chart without having to redo every support/resistance line etc

thxn
              You can copy (cntrl+C) and past (cntrl+V) one item at a time. It appears you can not multi select.

Comment

Da1nonly
                This is what tradesmart was explaining. You use the template feature to create a separately named template for each chart that has a different combination of indicators and settings. Then you just create the symbol on the chart and apply the template. Just as easy as copying.

Comment

Hello,

This feature request has been added to the system with the tracking ID: SFT - 1951.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post vecnopus  
                  Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                  0 responses