Symbol Map reset on update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol Map reset on update

The correct symbol for TD Ameritrade for TOS is BRK/B not BRK.B. When I updated to the new version of nt8, i believe it reset the symbol map from what I had in. I think this is a bug.

Can you clarify - are you referring to the BRK_B instrument? Does this instrument not supply data with BRK.B mapping, but does supply data with BRK/B mapping? Can you provide a screenshot of the symbol's mapping?

Comment

In NT8 v3 when using the BRK/B TD symbol map for a BRK_B chart, I would still get the snapshot data error, however, live data would still be available on the chart. Now it doesn't appear to loading live data with that symbol. Changing it back to BRK.B for the TD symbol map doesn't work either.

Using BRK/B or BRK.B in the symbol map for TD on a BRK_B chart will always give historical data.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

I could reproduce this when upgrading from 3.1 to 4.0, but could not reproduce this when I upgraded from 3.1 to our internal build of the platform. This indicates that the root of this unexpected behavior has been resolved internally and will be resolved in an upcoming release of the platform.

When the next version of NinjaTrader 8 is released we can perform this test again to see if the issue persists or not.

For now, you'll need to manually adjust your mapping to your preference. I discovered that it made no difference on my end if the mapping was 'BRK/B' or 'BRK.B'. Both provided me with historical data.

Comment

What about real time data for BRK/B vs BRK.B?

Comment

Can you confirm that you're enabled for real-time BRK_B data from within TDA's platform Think Or Swim?

Are all other symbols working as expected?

Comment

yeah i was getting it a couple days ago, i have SPY up at the same time so i'm sure im getting stock data.

Comment

Can you clarify - are you referring to NinjaTrader or Think or Swim?

We need to verify that you're receiving real-time data for BRK_B and to eliminate NinjaTrader from the equation you can either load BRK_B in their platform or call their support to verify your real-time data subscriptions.

Comment

On ninjatrader.

Everything works on TOS. The symbol TOS uses is BRK/B

Comment

I receive real-time data for BRK_B when the mapping is BRK.B or BRK/B when I test with my TDA connection. Which mapping are you currently using?

I'd like to eliminate the chart being the root of the issue. Lets confirm with a time and sales window. Go to New > T&S > type 'BRK_B' and hit enter.

You should see one line print almost immediately. Please wait a few minutes and see if another tick of information prints in the time and sales window.

Comment

I receive real-time data for BRK_B when the mapping is BRK.B or BRK/B when I test with my TDA connection. Which mapping are you currently using?
                      When I restart my platform Symbol Map automatically changes back to BRK.B from BRK/B. BRK_B with NT8 symbol mapped to BRK.B T&S doesn't show anything. BRK_B T&S with BRK/B symbol map doesn't show anything either.

I'd like to eliminate the chart being the root of the issue. Lets confirm with a time and sales window. Go to New > T&S > type 'BRK_B' and hit enter.

You should see one line print almost immediately. Please wait a few minutes and see if another tick of information prints in the time and sales window.
                      I don't see any new quotes with BRK_B . I tried with AAPL and I get quotes. For some reason today SPY isn't working either. I get no T&S info on SPY. EDIT: After restarting I get SPY/AAPL T&S now, nothing on BRK/B

using Excel's RTD function I get real time quotes for AAPL, SPY, and BRK/B
                      Last edited by habibalex; 02-23-2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by habibalex View Post
                        The correct symbol for TD Ameritrade for TOS is BRK/B not BRK.B. When I updated to the new version of nt8, i believe it reset the symbol map from what I had in. I think this is a bug.

Join the club.

Be sure to change it after opening nt8 and before connecting to tda.

Comment

I'd like to remotely connect to investigate further. Please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. Include a link to this forum thread and "1664713 ATTN Patrick G" in the body of the email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                          1 response
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                          Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Taddypole