Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC futures chart is not updating in real time

Hello,

For some reason, when I open GC futures chart it is not updating in real time. I can manually 'reload all historical data' and get the update, but if I don't touch it - there are no changes at all.
    It seems that it is stuck in some kind of 'historical data mode'. But I don't know why. It is very consistent and happens every time I open new GC chart.

I do not see this problem with any other symbols I use. ES, 6E, CL are all updating in real time just fine. Not sure what can cause this issue.

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

So I may look into this further please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't know if it might be related, but I recently had a problem with GC historical data and had to remove GC 03-17 ticker symbol to resolve the problem per NT support instructions.

Comment

It appears to be that your account is not enabled for GC however our brokerage team will send you a follow up regarding what is required to enable data for this instrument. Also you will want to rollover to the current contract GC 04-17 with the steps provided below:
        • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
        • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
        • Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
        • Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
        • Select 'OK'
        • Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
        I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes