Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Watchlists From NT7 to NT8

Dear Support,

Is it possible to import a watchlist stock symbols file from NT7 to NT8? Where are the location of these files in NT7 folder?

Please note that I am aware of the "importing a list of stocks symbols" info. I want to directly import my custom lists from NT7 and trying to avoid re-building my lists from scratch.

Also, are the default watchlists (i.e., SP500, NASDAQ100, etc.) updateded ny NT8 for symbol adds and drops?

Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Instrument Lists would be included in the Migration Process when NinjaTrader 8 is launched for the first time, You can also prompt another migration by shutting down NinjaTrader, deleting the Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> Config.xml file, and then restarting. Note: doing this would remove configuration settings and connections from NinjaTrader 8, but connections would also be included in the Migration Process.

More information at the below link:
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for your note.

Instrument Lists would be included in the Migration Process when NinjaTrader 8 is launched for the first time, You can also prompt another migration by shutting down NinjaTrader, deleting the Documents -> NinjaTrader 8 -> Config.xml file, and then restarting. Note: doing this would remove configuration settings and connections from NinjaTrader 8, but connections would also be included in the Migration Process.

More information at the below link:
      http://ninjatrader.com/NinjaTrader-8-MigrationGuide
      Thanks DrewO,

I have already installed NT8 on a new computer and have no NT7 on this computer to migrate lists. For example, I have the Russell 2000 list and can't imagine to type them in one at a time.

Is there a way to access the instrument files in NT7 on my other computer then copy and paste them into NT8 on my new computer?

Also, please answer my 2nd question: Do you maintain the default lists (SP 500, Nasdaq 100, etc.) for addition or deletion of symbols to these lists?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Instrument Lists would be stored in the Database, which is possible to migrate from but not possible to copy over as a direct replacement.

The Data Management team does periodically update instrument lists in the global database. For instance, this last occurred in July of last year.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes