Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader 8 replaces . with _ when importing stock list

Good Evening,

The first version, and second versions of Ninjatrader 8.xx allowed me to use the '.' (full stop) when adding a new group of stocks. This is required to facilitate the ASX stocks in Australia, for which Yahoo appends the ".AX".

Now however, when I try and add in these stocks, Ninjatrader 8 is changing the '.' to a '_' which results in the stocks being unable to be found by NInjatrader when connected to the Yahoo data feed (which is all I have access to).

TL; DR

Stock Symbol Lists used to allow e.g. "CBA.AX" and "TLS.AX"
    Now only allow "CBA_AX" and "TLS_AX" which render the program useless as it cant be recognised by Yahoo.

Looking forward to understanding the issue here, and the resolution.
    Thank you

Currently this is the expected behavior as a period is considered an illegal character for the master instrument name. I experience the same as you when I test on my end. The instruments only work correctly after manually adjusting the Yahoo mapping to include a period and not an underscore.

I will forward this as a feature request to the Development Team.

Currently, you will need to manually adjust the symbol mapping after importing your stock list.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Patrick, unfortunately I have thousands of these tickers that will need to be overwritten.

I can't seem to find a way to do this efficiently. Is there a way to 'copy + paste' a '.' over a '_'?

Thank you.

Comment

Thanks to your input we've actually made a change where periods will now be accepted for symbol mapping when importing symbol lists. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please look for item '11304' in the release notes of a future version of NinjaTrader 8:

There is a tool which we created to fix this in the meantime. This tool will automatically replace all underscores with periods in all master instrument symbol mapping. If you're interested in trying this tool please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. In the subject please reference ticket #1667049 ATTN Patrick G. In the body of the message please include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB