Bug? Chart Volume doesnt match Market Analyzer Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug? Chart Volume doesnt match Market Analyzer Volume

I'm looking at a chart for March Soybeans ZS 03-17 and have the same contract in market analyzer. I'm looking at daily bars on the chart and the volume indicator shows at this time 41,437 contracts. The Market Analyzer shows 130,346. The market analyzer number is correct. I'm fairly new to ninja trader so maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't think so. I'm attaching a screenshot of the chart and of the market analyzer. Please advise.
    Thanks
    steve
    Attached Files

Hello stosh,

Thank you for posting in our NinjaTrader 8 forum!

Within your chart window, please right click and select Indicators. Regarding your volume indicator, please ensure that the parameter Calculate is set to On each tick. The volume indicator on your chart should now be displaying the accurate daily volume.

If your issue persists, please let me know and we can troubleshoot further.

Comment

Still have the problem

Thanks but that is not the problem. Volume indicator set at "on each tick" provides the same result. The data box also shows the erroneous 41,437 volume. I'm attaching a screenshot of the erroneous databox to go with the other two screenshots.. Something besides an "on each tick" is the problem here. I would respectfully suggest creating a chart of zs 03-17 with daily bars and comparing the volume listed to the actual volume today (130,346). I could live with the volume being off by a few but not by a factor of 3.
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello stosh,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry this issue is persisting. I have created a chart and market analyzer with the ZS 03-17 instrument and I concur that the correct volume for 2/23/17 should be 130,346.

Could you please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT[com, and answer the following questions for me? Who are you connected to as your data provider? Are you enabled for real-time data for the ZS instrument?

Please make sure to reference ticket #1666273, this forum thread #96753, and my name. I look forward to assisting you further.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh  
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes