NT 8 Crashes when filling orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 8 Crashes when filling orders

There are times that when it reaches its stop limit or stop loss NT 8 crashes. Although I am in SIM mode the trade is not registerd in control center, it;s as if I had not entered any order at all. I have read other related posts and have attached trace and log text files found in my Ninja Trader 8 folder for you to analyze. Thanks
    I am running Windows 10 Education
    Last edited by Joey Steel; 02-24-2017, 03:31 AM.

Hello Joey Steel,

We do not recommend to post log and trace files on our public forum. I understand you connect to a demo connection, however the trace file still contains information such as your machine ID. I suggest to delete the files and next time send us an email at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

The files show 3 orders were submitted and 2 of them filled - the other was cancelled. Unfortunately I do not see any errors in the files. When you say it crashes, am I correct NinjaTrader shuts down?

The orders that filled occur before the cancellation of the 3rd order. Did you experience the issue after the execution of the 2nd order at 18:43:28 and before the cancellation of the 3rd order at 18:45:39?

You mention it occurs at times. Do you notice any consistency between the occurrences?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the advice Jason. I have removed the attached files.
      When I say it crushes it shuts down completely. A window pops up saying NT has crashed and I get to choose to debug or to completely close NT. These crashes happen when orders are being filled or when I move my stop loss to a different position. This doesn´t mean that it crashes everytime I move my position but crashes occured when doing this. Unfortunately I am not sure when exactly occured, if before or after an order was cancelled because I reopened NT and kept trading.
      Kind regards

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Can you please send me all your NinjaTrader 8 log and trace files so I can further investigate. Please right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, 1666501' in the subject field.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Done!
          Thanks Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
          6 responses