X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry
    replied
    Originally posted by Grantx View Post
    For instance, If Im looking at the Bund, I want to see the line plotted on my chart from 8:00AM GMT.

Or if Im watching the US treasuries, then I want to see a line plotted on the chart (one session into the future) at 14:30AM GMT

Thanks.

Just a note on trading hours. Europe and the US have different daylight savings schedules. This means that you cannot simply put a line at 2:30 PM GMT. This approach spells for desaster!

Trading hours MUST always be entered in exchange time, as this is needed to handle different daylight savings schedules.

All trading hours are preset correctly. The only thing you need to do is to select the trading hours template <instrument settings>.

In case that you wish to build a chart with the regular trading hours for FGBL then you can build your own trading hours template and save it under a new name. For FGBL there are basically two options

-> build a regular session template (trading hours 8:30 AM CET to 5:15 PM CET)
    -> or build a template with three subsessions (trading hours 8:00 - 8:30 AM CET / 8:30 AM - 5:15 PM CET / 5:15 PM CET - 10:00 PM CET)

I would prefer the second option, as it does not exclude any trade data from your screens. You could also use the standard trading hours template for FGBL that ships with NinjaTrader and apply an indicator that draws vertical lines at 8:30 AM and 5:15 PM. For what purpose do you wish to put up a regular session template?

The same logic applies to ZB/ZN. The regular session template starting at 7:20 AM (this is 14:20 GMT most of the year, that is during 49 weeks per year) and ending at 2:00 PM is the one that has been made for you. It is called "CBOT Interest Rate RTH". Again you can also use a trading hours template with 3 subsessions for bond and treasury note futures as explained above.

But don't try to use a template setup in GMT for trading US futures. This will miserably fail.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello Grantx,

Trading hours break lines are plotted as per the trading hours template selected in the Data Series menu of the chart. If set to <Use instrument settings>, it will use the trading hours template that is configured in the instrument settings.

Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Double click an instrument to open a new window with instrument settings. You will see here what trading hours template is selected.

You can view the start and end times of trading hours templates at Control Center-->Tools-->Trading Hours. It allows you to create custom trading hours templates as well. Please see the link below for more information.

Unfortunately trading hours break lines are not plotted in the future where there are no price bars. You could apply a vertical line as a workaround.

Leave a comment:

• Grantx
    started a topic How do I change trading hours break line

How do I change trading hours break line

For instance, If Im looking at the Bund, I want to see the line plotted on my chart from 8:00AM GMT.

Or if Im watching the US treasuries, then I want to see a line plotted on the chart (one session into the future) at 14:30AM GMT

Thanks.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
0 responses
1 view
0 likes
Last Post GLFX005
by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
2 responses