X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retrieving hist data

Hello,

Does ES 12-07 exist?
    I try to retrieve a chart for the period in november 2007 but NT keep telling me an error message or chart wont appear.
    I do have the historical data for e-mini back to its creation in 2005 i beleive.

What am i doing wrong?

Frank
    ty

Hello Frank,

Thanks for writing in to our Support team.

You will need to ensure that you have historical data for the contract in question by opening the historical data window by going to Tools --> Historical Data. In the edit tab, ensure that you have historical data for the contract month you are attempting to pull up on your chart. If you do not have historical data, you can attempt to download historical data from your connectivity provider's servers but depending on your data provider you may or may not be able to download historical data for the dates in question.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

data wont retrieve

Error on requesting bars series: ib was unable to locate instrument. please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument es 03-07 globex.

That's the message it is returning. If i set the chart to ES 03-17 and ask for a daily chat of 4000 days it will produce a chart. But if i ask ES 12-07 custom date between 2007-10 and 2007-12 it will return the error message.

If i ask ES 03-07 from 2007 to 2017 the data starts at 2014.

I have the minute data and did the import but it looks like NT8 seek data from IB by default instead of going straight to the data base.

Comment

Hello Frank,

Thanks for your reply.

Please attempt to reset your instruments and then test to see if this behavior persists.

To reset your instruments, follow the steps below.
        • Disconnect from any active datafeed: Navigate to the Control Center > Connections menu, left-click the ‘disconnect’ button that appears to the right of any active connection.
        • Reset your instruments: Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Database window, left-click to expand the ‘Update instrument lists’ section, ensure ‘Predefined instrument lists’ is checked, then left-click the Update button that appears just to the right of the two options in this section.
        • Restart NinjaTrader.

If this does not resolve your issue, please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference this forum post and put ATTN Alan S in the subject line and also include a picture of your historical data window showing your available historical data.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rjbtrade1, 11-30-2023, 04:38 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DavidHP
        by DavidHP

Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
        3 responses