Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current contract month

Hello,
    What is the current contract month for ZB?
    My chart says 06-17 but the DOM is very shallow. It doesnt seem right.

How do I find out when a contract is about to expire(any instrument) and when the rest of the world jump over to the next period? I want to be moving with everyone else so any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Grantx,

Yes, the ZB uses the 06-17 expiry month. It rolled over yesterday - 2/28/2017.

You can find the rollover dates as follows. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Double click the futures instrument and a new window will open with the instrument settings. Scroll to the bottom and click in the 'Contract months' field . Another new window will open up which will list the expiry months with the rollover dates.

In addition, you could also check the CME website to view which expiry month has the most volume. Please see the link below for the ZB futures.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Grantx,

Yes, the ZB uses the 06-17 expiry month. It rolled over yesterday - 2/28/2017.

You can find the rollover dates as follows. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instruments. Double click the futures instrument and a new window will open with the instrument settings. Scroll to the bottom and click in the 'Contract months' field . Another new window will open up which will list the expiry months with the rollover dates.

In addition, you could also check the CME website to view which expiry month has the most volume. Please see the link below for the ZB futures.
      http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/inte...sury-bond.html
      Hi Jason,
      How do I manually get a contract into the next month? Im looking at TN and I would like to get onto the June contract as the that is where the volume is according to the CME website:

Comment

You can just type the instrument symbol + expiry month in the instrument field of charts and other windows. Please hit Enter on your keyboard after you entered the symbol + expiry month and check if the requested data is loaded.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm  
        Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes