Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait Until Flat

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
    There is no queue that holds signals. When "Wait until flat" is used, then the strategy will run as if it is in a backtest until it reaches an internal flat position independant of any account position. Once the strategy position is flat, then the next signal that generates an order will be submitted to the account the strategy is running on.
    I need a clarification. Does "Wait until Fat" apply to the entire account, or to just the instrument on which the strategy is being run? For instance, to trade say CL and NG with the same strategy, would I need a separate account if using 'Wait Until Flat'? or is it applicable to both instruments only? If I would need 2 separate accounts to run the same strategy with 'Wait Until Flat', is there something else that I can use to trade both instruments with the same strategy in one account?
    Many Thanks.

Hello aaadetos,

Thank you for your post.

Wait Until Flat applies to the specific strategy instance it is set on in the Strategy menu.

For more information on the sync account settings please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._positions.htm

For information on the account versus strategy position please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._account_p.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

My problem is that initially on starting, trades executed fine; the next day however, I find that one of the instruments being traded keeps getting rejected orders..."Position Limit for the Contract is 0". Manual restarts of the strategy has resulted in more subsequent order rejections, with the same alert..(Position Limit is 0).

The other instrument being traded hasn't had any orders rejected so far. So, if I'm to use "Wait Until Flat", would it be better to rename the strategy to be instrument specific(even though it is the same strategy under the hood)? Otherwise, why am I getting this error? Is there any other setting that I may use that will eliminate this problem?

My goal is to keep automated strategies running continuously during the trading hours with minimal interaction from myself; I want to avoid the temptation of "intervening" in any running srategy because I keep checking for these rejection orders.

Many thanks.

Comment

Ok, never mind...I think it was a rollover problem that caused this error; I needed to roll into the next month.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post gm7_forum  
        Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
        1 response
        0 likes