Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Please, help with 3 xaml skin colors in NinjaScript Editor. I just gave up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please, help with 3 xaml skin colors in NinjaScript Editor. I just gave up.

Please, look in attached screen shot.
    Does Any one know where to change these colours and how to get ride of gradient?

P.S. It looks, skin colours questions are endless. May be, it makes sense to create separate threads on this forum (for Chart, for ControlCenter, for NT Editor,...) where everyone (who was so lucky to guess where to change one or two colours) can share his achievements?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fx.practic; 03-02-2017, 08:57 AM.
    fx.practic
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Hello,

Thank you for writing in.

To change the color of the editor you would have to change NinjaTraders Skin color under Control Center>Tools>Options and change the Skin drop down. This does require a restart.

I have provided a link to a youtube video which shows how to change skin color.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Those would be in the BluePrint.xaml file; search for "Editor"

I, for one, would like to be able to change the Yellow and Green used to mark not-yet compiled lines of code and then those lines after compilation. Any idea where those may be found?

Comment

Well, I am sorry.
        My question was not worded clearly enough.

I want to ask "In what element group in BluePrint.xaml can I change colour of specified element?"

about question of tradesmart:

I found and install this program: http://instant-eyedropper.com. It shows hex code of any pixel colour on screen.

Colour code of element You asking is #6CE26C in Light skin (look attachment).

Than I searched code in whole skins folder. And You can see result on second screenshot: there no such string in any skin file.

Why did they hide it from us??

-----
        P.S. It looks, skin colours questions are endless. May be, it makes sense to create separate threads on this forum (for Chart, for ControlCenter, for NT Editor,...) where everyone (who was so lucky to guess where to change one or two colours) can share his achievements?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fx.practic; 03-03-2017, 03:10 AM.
        fx.practic

Comment

2 tradesmart:

I started read NT8 manual from very begin (first time in my life). And I found out how element, You are interesting in, is called in documentation (see it on attach screenshot).

Line modification marking - Yellow flags indicate unsaved line modifications where green flags indicate saved modifications

I tried to find parts of all these keywords - guess result! ))

----

Why did they hide it from us??

-----
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fx.practic; 03-04-2017, 02:02 AM.
          fx.practic

Comment

Originally posted by fx.practic View Post
            Line modification marking - Yellow flags indicate unsaved line modifications where green flags indicate saved modifications

I tried to find parts of all these keywords - guess result! ))
            So, apparently, we can have any line modification marker colors we want, as long as they are Yellow and Green.

Comment

Originally posted by tradesmart View Post
              So, apparently, we can have any line modification marker colors we want, as long as they are Yellow and Green.
              Those elements are buried inside the NT Editor, which is a licenced component. If the original authors of the component did not expose that object for moderation, it is unlikely that NT will expose it.

Comment

It sounds realistic. Wish to read this in manual - not to spend time for heuristic explorations.
                fx.practic

Comment

Originally posted by fx.practic View Post
                  It sounds realistic. Wish to read this in manual - not to spend time for heuristic explorations.
                  It is not a heuristic explanation. NinjaTrader has stated multiple times that the editor is licensed from ActiPro.

I understand that your sense of absolute entitlement means that you think everyone should immediately bend knee and provide whatever you demand, no matter how rudely. But if, as you claim, you want to see it documented, then you can read the manual to see it has been documented: yellow and green.

I will not tolerate any further insults, so we are done. I shall not see any replies of yours as you are now on my "ignore" list. I can try to be helpful, but I am tired of dealing with rude ingrates.

Comment

koganam,

I wrote "heuristic explorations", not "heuristic explanation".

So, I mean not Your explanation, but my attempts to find where to change colours - my explorations of BluePrint.xaml.

About Your reply I just said "It sounds realistic" - so I was agree with You.

-------------------------

About documentation: "You can create your own skin by creating a copy of the skin template located in the "My Documents > NinjaTrader > Templates > Skins" directory."

If there was a note like "not all elements can be changed" - I will be enough, I think.

-------------------------

"...absolute entitlement means that you think everyone should immediately bend knee and provide whatever you demand, no matter how rudely" very strong conclusion based on one only word in one only post.

--------------------------

Anyway, koganam, I know You gave me useful advises in past - thanks for all.

-----
                    Last edited by fx.practic; 03-04-2017, 02:05 AM.
                    fx.practic

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                    1 response