Clearing Data Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clearing Data Files

I have some missing data in a chart file. I want to have the data vendor fill the file with new good data. How do I clear out the data from like a 5 min chart so that I can get new history data to replace the bad data. If I were to make a new chart the software seems to use the 5 min bar data already on my computer. so I need to make new data in the data file on my computer.

I am probably working hard to explain it but I am sure you understand the problem. It would be nice to have a simple button on the software that refreshes the data on the chart.

Thank you for your support and help on this problem. I need my charts to fill in the correct data so everything is done correctly.

I am on NT8 64 bit with windows 10.

I do not know where the data files are located. I suspect one solution would be to simply delete the data files and start all over. but that is a little over the top because it will involve a lot of work making new charts. it would be simpler to just have the computer charts left alone and replace the files. right now over the weekend with the markets closed is a good time to replace the files because nothing is pouring into the computer tick by tick right now.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I AM MOST GRATEFUL FOR ANY AND ALL HELP ON THIS.

The data are located in subfolders within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db. They are cached in subfolders within Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache.

I have the following line in a batch file to clear the cache:
    DEL "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\*.*" /S /Q > nul

Comment

I deleted the 5 min data on april comex gold 5 min bars only about 5 files for the past week from about 2017 02 27 thru 03 03 with NT shut off. then I booted up NT8 and it gave a little stop and said loading and I look at it and the data for Wednesday March 1 between start up at midnight 0.00 hours to 1800 hours is missing. so the entire live trading is not there for the trading session of march 3 until after Globex closed and opened up again onto a new day. March 2. I wonder if the move to new month might be part of the problem.

anyway trendlines and oscillators can not be used. I have to sit and NOT trade waiting for new data to fill the screen. .

I got my data from CQG which should be a good data source.

I will check back for new suggestions to try. or else just live with it. it is not the end of the world. I appreciate knowing how to clear the data to try for a refresh.

I did notice that there is no data file marked with the name for sunday. maybe that data is in the friday file or maybe with the monday file. maybe that caused my problem. the way the days are marked. I know the overlap on the weekend is confusing to me anyway.

we will see what happens in the future. I will check back here for any comments.

Comment

I also make it a practice to use Tools, Historical Data, Load for Tick, Minute, and Day data every morning to make sure there are no gaps in historical data. Prior to my instituting this procedure, gaps would appear.

Comment

Hello Chile,

Thanks for posting.

tradesmart would be correct in the location of the historical data files. However, since there was some missing data after the reload, I'd like to take a look at the log and trace files.

So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170305.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by tradesmart View Post
            I also make it a practice to use Tools, Historical Data, Load for Tick, Minute, and Day data every morning to make sure there are no gaps in historical data. Prior to my instituting this procedure, gaps would appear.
            I just now saw this. I am trying to do it but I dont understand all the little details of getting the job done correctly.

I click LOAD then tick min day and then I click over to the right Download and nothing seems to happen.

so I click below at IMPORT but now I really do NOT know what to do. I did change the start day to go back a ways to Dec 1 to cover all the problems with January being missing.

I set the time zone for new york and data type for last. I hit import and it seems to want to save a file named File name. and I have to know where to put it. this seems wrong to me. I can not believe you import a file and distribute it somehow every morning. if I am suppose to respond to the import click what file name do I use and where do I put it.

how can I find info on this in the NT8 user document.

Comment

Originally posted by Chile View Post
              how can I find info on this in the NT8 user document.

Comment

I just selected all my futures and downloaded 2 weeks of Tick/Minute/Day data for all Ask/Bid/Last (essentially every thing for last 2 weeks).

The above help guide said "A message in the bottom right of the Historical Data Window will appear and display the status of the download."

After clicking the Download button, the dialog controls go grey (I presume it is busy) but I saw no such message at the bottom right of the dialog.

After a few minutes, the dialog controls ungrey and become available again.

My point is: no status/progress messages appeared in lower right of the Historical Data window, isn't that a bug?

[Edit; Ah, ok, so I tried it again, for just 1 instrument. The message flashed briefly and then disappeared. Can NinjaTrader Support reproduce? My version is 8.0.5.1. Shouldn't the progress message stay visible the entire time the window is busy downloading?]

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes