NT8.0.5.0 AddDataSeries - TradingSession not respected on restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JerryWar View Post
    Sledge - I have seen issues with AddDataSeries data which is basically visually hidden but makes its presents ( or lack of ) known thru indicators. For the most part doing One or Two reloads corrects the issue and I am off and running, However when I get to using Strategies this will be an issue.

Thank you for doing this.
    Well for anyone who happens upon this bug, the work around would be to specifically state the Trading Hours and do not rely on the default trading hours that are in the Instrument.

exa:

AddDataSeries("ES ##-##", new BarsPeriod { BarsPeriodType = BarsPeriodType.Minute, Value = 3 }, "US Equities RTH");

And please post that you also have seen this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      I am happy to clarify my intentions and what I mean by setting up UTC. I have prepared a short video I can reuse in cases like this which demonstrates setting this up. The motivation behind this is that this will make time data we share with each other through pictures easier to review and use directly with users in different time zones, and make things like daylight savings time easier to ignore.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I will be re-preparing this video as there is an error, since I am in a part of the world that observes DST my clock moved forward 6 hours instead of 7.

Thank you for the additional information, this may make this easier to reproduce. I will investigate getting Ninja to behave differently when defaults are selected, as opposed to a template being selected explicitly, and will return when I have more information.
      Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have some more information regarding this. After our false positives earlier, this behavior has been reliably reproduced on our end.

When you mentioned

Instrument ES, Trading Hours 24x7
        Instrument ^VIX, Trading Hours, US Equities RTH or CME Index RTH
        If you run the attached script, you will see the TF using the ES' trading hours, rather than its own Ipe Europe Futures trading hours. This is why manually specifying trading hours, as you suggested, is a valid work-around. Essentially, any secondary+ data series you pass in will use the primary series trading hours.

Since this is not a documented behavior, I am following up with the responsible teams to determine the appropriate action. Thank you once again for your report.
        Attached Files
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        166 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
        0 responses