8.0.5.0 Update changes all chart panel heights in every workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.0.5.0 Update changes all chart panel heights in every workspace

After updating from 8.0.4.0 to 8.0.5.0 and opening any saved workspace, the height of every price and indicator panel on every chart in every workspace is changed, including on all tabbed charts. Indicator panels are reduced or expanded to total about 40% of the chart height, and every indicator panel is equal height within that 40%. I tried two computers and got the same result. I closed the workspace without saving, then restarted NT and reopened the workspace, and got the same result. No way to avoid it apparently. This did not happen with previous updates. So, when you update to 8.0.5.0, do it when you have time to reset the height of every price and indicator panel on every chart in every workspace you are using.

Edit: After a lot of time spent restoring every chart panel height in every chart in the workspace, then saving the workspace and closing NT, upon restart of NT, every chart panel height is changed again, with indicator panels being about 60% of chart height, with every indicator panel being equal height within that 60%. Other changes that I made to the workspace were there, but the restored price and indicator panel heights were not. Same behavior on two computers.

My advice is that if you aren't willing to go through a restoration of chart price and indicator panel heights in your workspace every time you restart NT, do no update to 8.0.5.0. I'm going to attempt a roll back to 8.0.4.0.
    Last edited by Lancer; 03-06-2017, 11:59 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Hello Lancer,

Can you please send me your NinjaTrader log and trace files so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Att Jason, 1672282' in the subject header.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->trace
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post

My advice is that if you aren't willing to go through a restoration of chart price and indicator panel heights in your workspace every time you restart NT, do no update to 8.0.5.0. I'm going to attempt a roll back to 8.0.4.0.
      No problem here on 3 machines. 1 win 10, 2 win 7, 2 from NT 8040, 1 from nt8b9.

Comment

Tried 8.0.5.1 with same results as 8.0.5.0 - all chart price and indicator panel heights change from saved positions. Uninstalled 8.0.5.1 and reinstalled 8.0.4.0 and all chart panel sizing is back to normal. Staying with 8.0.4.0 until a future release fixes this.

Comment

Tried 8.0.5.1 with same results as 8.0.5.0 - all chart price and indicator panel heights change from saved positions. Uninstalled 8.0.5.1 and reinstalled 8.0.4.0 and all chart panel sizing is back to normal. Staying with 8.0.4.0 until a future release fixes this.
          Some images or screenshots of what is happening would be helpful, and system specifications...

Are your video drivers up to date? Which Windows version? Are you using windows on a Mac?

Something isn't right here. No other complaints that I've seen in the forums.. and it probably won't get better in 8.0.6.0 without more details. Have you tried a full reinstall? Are you playing with display scaling? Font sizes?

I had my first restarts several times this weekend with NT8.0.5.0 and everything was as before on my laptops with Windows 7 and Intel HD graphics... even updated to the latest 2.7 Intel driver installer... and Nvidia drivers.

How can I screw up my machine to be in such a situation? I'll do it if you can provide a way.

Comment

Thanks for the interest Sledge. All that info has been provided to NT support, with multiple log and trace files. Full uninstall and reinstall, with same results. Others are seeing that behavior too, not just me.

I'm back on 8.0.4.0, so no screenshots, but its easy to visualize. In 8.0.5.0 or 8.0.5.1, when any workspace is opened, on every chart the indicator panels change position to occupy approximately 60% of the chart vertical area, with indicator panels equally divided within that 60%. Upon connection to data, charts refresh, and on every chart the indicator panels change position to occupy approximately 40% of the chart vertical area, with indicator panels equally divided within that 40%. When panel heights are corrected, then workspace saved, then workspace closed and re-opened, the panel heights go back to the 60% configuration.

Everything back to normal on two PCs with 8.0.4.0.

Windows 10 (64 bit)
            Xeon E5-1650v3 (6 core, 3.5 GHz) / ECC memory
            AMD Radeon HD 7990 (latest Crimson Ed. graphics drivers)
            Samsung 850 Pro SSDs (w/ LSI hardware RAID)
            Six - Dell U2715H (2560x1440 ea.) (NT8 workspace on four)
            Last edited by Lancer; 04-03-2017, 01:27 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

AMD Radeon HD 7990 (latest Crimson Ed. graphics drivers)

Six - Dell U2715H (2560x1440 ea.) (NT8 workspace on four)
              Thanks for the details.

I don't have any AMD video cards to test here.

I do have a pair of u2711's though, but I doubt they are the issue.

Comment

I've been having the same problem since upgrading to the most recent version. As a semi-quick (and temporary) fix, I simply add any random indicator, hit apply, then remove it and the window resizes everything as it should be. Until the next time I open NT and everything gets fouled up again.

Comment

HA! I thought I was going mad! "Didn't I adjust that the last two days and save it??!!

Same problem here. I have a workspace with 16 odd charts.When I close NT or change workspaces half of the indicator panels resize.

8.0.5.2 64-bit

See pics
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Tremblinghandtrader; 03-23-2017, 08:54 PM.

Comment

For reference here are two screenshots
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tremblinghandtrader View Post
                      HA! I thought I was going mad! "Didn't I adjust that the last two days

See pics
                      I only have 1,and that reappears fine upon restart.

So looks like a multiple issue.

Comment

Hello, what is the status of this ninja ? There has been no ninja support input since the 7th march? Is this now classified as a bug and being fixed for next release?
                        thanks

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback,

I'm currently looking at this and will be following up with everyone on my findings as soon as I have analyzed this further. Thanks everyone for taking the time in testing this!
                          Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All, I'm unable to reproduce this on my end.

Everyone who is reporting different panel sizes after restarting, are the panels you have applied have third party or custom add-ons?

Can anyone provide me with their workspace so that I may test the workspace on my end?

To do so, you'll have to write into platform support by navigating to the Control Center > Help > Email Support. In the body of the email, please write ATTN Riley, and also include this link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=97208. Next, expand Other files section, ensuring the option Workspaces files and UI settings is checked and also ensure the Log and trace files option is checked.

I look forward to investigating this further.
                            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear NT team, is there any update on this issue: has this been re-produced / being dealt with?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                              15 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by The_Sec, Today, 02:29 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse