Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 New Order Attaches to Existing Order

Hello,

When I enter trades I oftentimes start off with 2 contracts, while using an ATM Strategy that triggers a 2 contract stop-loss order and a 2 contract profit target.

I want to "let my winners run" with those 2 contracts.

Then later I enter 4 more contracts (with an ATM Strategy that triggers a 4 contract stop-loss order and a 4 contract profit target), and I plan to scalp and quickly exit those 4 contracts.

But when I enter 4 more contracts, NT8 attaches the profit target from that entry to my existing 2 contract profit target, which prevents me from letting my winners run on my initial 2 contract entry. And that ruins my risk/reward ratio, as now I am only scalping with all 6 contracts.

Is there a way to separate 2 contracts from a 6 contract profit target? If so, how is that done?

If not, is there anything I can I do to prevent NT8 from attaching one ATM Strategy profit target to a second ATM Strategy profit target when two ATM Strategies are executed, one later following the other?

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Instead of scaling into an existing active Atm strategy, select an inactive strategy when placing a new entry order to start new Atm behavior with the new order.

Active Atm strategies are marked with a lightning bolt.

Below is a link to a short video on selecting Atm instances.
    NinjaTrader is an award-winning, end-to-end online trading platform for discretionary and automated trading for stocks, futures and forex.Download NinjaTrade...
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 03-12-2017, 05:31 PM.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Not quite sure I understand that, it might take a couple times through it for me to get it.

But it also seems like it might require more steps then another solution I found online, and in the fast moving intraday markets, I cannot afford extra steps...

Right-clicking and choosing "Add Profit Target" does the trick for me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post funk10101  
      Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite