• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Chart Panels Resizing After Saved as Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Panels Resizing After Saved as Template

Hello,

To try to see and analyze the volume on the charts better, I created separate charts in different tabs and resized the panel for the volume, then saved those charts as templates.

I did that on multiple charts in multiple workspaces, for the different markets that I analyze and trade.

But each time I shut down and then relaunch NT8, the chart panels that contain the volume that I resized, shrink down and I am not able to see the volume hardly at all.

This occurs on both my PC and on my laptop NT8 charts, so I am thinking that NT8 just does not support saving resized chart panels.

I did try manually resizing the panels after launching NT8, but that means also resizing my MACD and Stochastics panels on each chart, for different time-frames and on multiple workspaces, which really wastes a lot of valuable time in the fast moving intraday markets, and adds unnecessary effort and stress.

Screenshots attached.

Is there a way to have the chart panels keep the resizing that I did (before saving the chart as a template)?

Note: When I have a Market Analyzer window linked to the charts in my workspace, that always prevents my chart panels from keeping the resizing that I did. Only when I remove the Market Analyzer window from my charts and save the workspace that way, will my charts keep the panel resizing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by i2w8am9ii2; 03-13-2017, 06:08 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

So far I have not seen this same behavior on my end when testing. So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170313.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please post if you find a fix for this chart panel height change issue.
      Same here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=97208

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by lavalampmj, Today, 05:25 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post lavalampmj  
      Started by Antares66, Today, 05:19 PM
      0 responses