Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Panels Resizing After Saved as Template

Hello,

To try to see and analyze the volume on the charts better, I created separate charts in different tabs and resized the panel for the volume, then saved those charts as templates.

I did that on multiple charts in multiple workspaces, for the different markets that I analyze and trade.

But each time I shut down and then relaunch NT8, the chart panels that contain the volume that I resized, shrink down and I am not able to see the volume hardly at all.

This occurs on both my PC and on my laptop NT8 charts, so I am thinking that NT8 just does not support saving resized chart panels.

I did try manually resizing the panels after launching NT8, but that means also resizing my MACD and Stochastics panels on each chart, for different time-frames and on multiple workspaces, which really wastes a lot of valuable time in the fast moving intraday markets, and adds unnecessary effort and stress.

Screenshots attached.

Is there a way to have the chart panels keep the resizing that I did (before saving the chart as a template)?

Note: When I have a Market Analyzer window linked to the charts in my workspace, that always prevents my chart panels from keeping the resizing that I did. Only when I remove the Market Analyzer window from my charts and save the workspace that way, will my charts keep the panel resizing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by i2w8am9ii2; 03-13-2017, 07:08 PM.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

So far I have not seen this same behavior on my end when testing. So that I may investigate I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20170313.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Please post if you find a fix for this chart panel height change issue.
      Same here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=97208

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
      Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM
      1 response
      0 likes