Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 and Interactive Brokers Gateway question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 and Interactive Brokers Gateway question?

Does TradeStation 9.1 platform + NT8 (DLL method) + Interactive Brokers "Gateway" API allow me to call ninja DLL functions like NTOrderStatus(), NTAvgPrice(), NTmarketPosition() from within a TradeStation EasyLanguage strategy code? I need to do this to do my order handling within TradeStation Easylanguage strategy code. I can in fact call all these "order handling" ninja DLL functions using Ninja 7 connected to Continuum API. Just wondering if the same can be done when connecting Ninjatrader 8 (eight) to the IB Gateway API? Thank you in advance.

Hello Rocket130713,

Thank you for your post.

The DLL Interface is available in NinjaTrader 8 to be utilized by an external application: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._interface.htm

This means that the functions can be called from an external application and NinjaTrader 8 can connect to Interactive Brokers via the Gateway or TWS API.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks Patrick_H for your reply and help.

If Ninja 8 sends orders to IB Gateway API, will I still see all of my open position details (e.g. fill prices, orderstatus, etc.) and open positions unrealized P&L showing in the Ninja platform main window 8 ?

What are the main differences between this set-up: TS + NT 7 + Continuum API, compared to this set-up: TS + NT 8 + IB gateway API?

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by Rocket130713; 03-15-2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

Thank you for your response.

NinjaTrader 8 will be able to receive account, position, and order updates from the Gateway API.

For the differences I would mainly focus on the difference in instrument types and data between NinjaTrader Continuum, Interactive Brokers, and TradeStation.
        Please refer to the following links for information on the differences in the data:

Comment

Thanks Patrick_H for your reply. When you say "NinjaTrader 8 will be able to receive account, position, and order updates from the Gateway API" does this mean that account, position and order "information" will be "showing" in the Ninja 8 main "window" of the Ninja 8 platform/application? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

That is correct, you can find more details at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...TheAccountsTab

Comment

Hi Patrick_H, thanks for your reply. Is there some way I can "test" the NT8 + IB Gateway trading set-up, using some sort of IB broker "demo" account, without risking real money? Also, can I run NT8 and NT7 on the same PC side-by-side? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocket130713 View Post
                Hi Patrick_H, thanks for your reply. Is there some way I can "test" the NT8 + IB Gateway trading set-up, using some sort of IB broker "demo" account, without risking real money? Also, can I run NT8 and NT7 on the same PC side-by-side? Thanks in advance.
                Hello Rocket130713,

Yes, you could use the Sim101 account in NinjaTrader to test the connection. If you have a live license key in NinjaTrader you could test a paper trading account in Interactive Brokers as well.

You can run NinjaTrader 7 and 8 at the same time on the same PC. Keep in mind, your data provider may not support multiple connections if you plan to connect to the same PC.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Sparkyboy, Today, 10:57 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post swestendorf